Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
24-02-2007, 08:58 AM   #11

Re: Chester

Glad to read he is getting back to his normal self, good luck with the remaining pills for him x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
I do know the technique Sally, and have recommended it to others. Aso the rather less subtle, stuff them head first, arms pinioned to sides, down the sleeve of a small jacket, technique, which can be very effective.
However, Chester has decided that he will just turn into startled, thrashing, scratching monster at first touch, so the chances of either are minimal.
So, it's back to the 'catch him whilst he's sleepy, beguile him with tweets and kisses and open his mouth and stuff it in before he realises what's happening, leaving him looking startled and affronted' technique Oh my, the fun we have with our furries

Sounds a lot like Oscar there DM, he was such a sucker for sweet talk you could do anything with him then - on the bright side he did mellow over the years

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #13

Glad he's on the mend mayeb he's a little flightly due to his youth.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #14

No, I think he's a bit like his (human) mum - he startles easily. You know me - placid/calm etc, but loud noises, people appearing out of no-where, screaming jets etc all get me spooked.
Anyway, thanks all for your good wishes. He's doing fine, still only on about half rations but the good thing is that he is hungry and I am able to crumble the 'palatable' tablets into his food. Hoorah. He actually asked for an unscheduled snack at lunchtime, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #15

That's great to hear DM! Back to his old (young) self in no time!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
No, I think he's a bit like his (human) mum - he startles easily. You know me - placid/calm etc, but loud noises, people appearing out of no-where, screaming jets etc all get me spooked.
Anyway, thanks all for your good wishes. He's doing fine, still only on about half rations but the good thing is that he is hungry and I am able to crumble the 'palatable' tablets into his food. Hoorah. He actually asked for an unscheduled snack at lunchtime, so I'm taking that as a good sign.
That's a very good sign !!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #17

Aww glad to hear he is on the mend. When Tabs had an abscess years ago, and she wasn't eating, we had to mix it in with some liquidised chicken, and pippette feed her it, she was (still is) a total wild child, and a nightmare with and kind of medication. Worming and the usual just gets added to her food so she's none the wiser.

Good luck with the rest of his pills!