Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
17-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #1

The Refined Art Of Mousing

Cats, they make you smile don't they?
It's quite a nice day today, no sun but its just nice n fresh, so the cats are playing outside (Bella is still very getting used to the garden) and there is quite a large pile of wood and garden waste thats waiting to be popped in the burner...but it's been there such a long time now that, of course, the mice clan have moved in. And of course Clementine has too...'exercise her tactics' after such a long winter...but the funniest part is, she is actually showing/teaching Bella how too...including throwing 'half-dead' (i say this as they are still alive) mice at her..Bella actually ran and hid when the first one was thrown at her..but now i can just see that big long ginger squirrel tail swishing from within the wood pile.
I tell you I'm going to have to pack my bags and leave if Bella turns out to be anything like her 'mentor' on the hunting front I think i'm about to break out into a cold sweat at the thought of double the amount of hunting trophies
It's really curious how Clementine REALLY has adopted the role of 'mother' to Bella, she was speyed at the appropriate age and never had kittens (obviously) and Bella really seems to have unleashed her maternal instincts...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #2

Re: The Refined Art Of Mousing

That's a lovely cat tale (tail?) Luke.
You don't think Clementine is thinking of retiring and handing over to Bella do you?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
17-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #3

Re: The Refined Art Of Mousing

Oh I live in hope dm!! I honestly have never known a cat like the tortie nightmare, our vet has a 'theory' that it could from her parentage..her father(s?) were feral farm moggies, and i say feral i mean...