Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
20-01-2024, 10:56 PM   #1

HOT Sunday

Good morning ladies,
Sunday morning 9:40am here and already the temperature is 23degrees. Yesterday it got up to 33 and was hot all last night. I managed to get a muslin blanket down from storage, washed it and put that on my bed last night ,which was a bit of a help, but also had the Dyson going in the bedroom all night. I hate to think what my power bill is going to be this month.

I was all set to post on the forum last night when my door bell rang and it was Elliot ,who used to live next door. He's OK now, but never sees his two children unfortunately. He's now living in the North island and is still working as an electrician and still has his dog, Sadie. Still such a lovely guy and he definitely deserves better than he got from his ex wife. We shared some lasagne that I was heating up for tea and he cleaned all the filters on the aircon before he left.

Janna is still out at Brenna's, enjoying the pool. She is working this week, but not until Wednesday, so will probably come back on Tuesday night. Oren is on a roll at the moment - he enjoyed Fiji and he loves hanging out with Janna, so things are all peaceful.

I'm just going to do a jigsaw today, and will probably go out for a walk later. It's going to be another very hot day, so I'm not going to go far - maybe down to the river. It's nice and shady down there.

PAMELA, sorry about the job ,my friend, but I'm glad you're not worried about it. That one wasn't meant to be, and something better will come along anyway. Gosh, it is cold in Scotland. Are your low temperatures normal for this time of year, or is it colder than usual this winter? i know that our very hot temperatures are not the norm for New Zealand. Our summers are normally much cooler. You'll be looking forward to getting your car back this coming week. Thank goodness the damage wasn't too bad. AND I'm pleased Steven saw a doctor about his neck and is being treated for it. it always pays to see a doctor for ACC purposes ,in case the problem flares up at a later date. Poor you, too, with a UTI. They can be so painful. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and clear it up. Just take it easy for a few days and try and stay warm. I have sent you some of our heat in a big brown envelope, but knowing our mail system, it will probably be summer time before it reaches you !!!

SHELLEY,it is wonderful news to hear that Reuben is now eating a little and his energy levels are picking up a bit. What a joy to see. I know it must be heartbreaking to hear that the prognosis is not good, but just take one day at a time and just live for the moment with him. Reuben wants to be here, with you. Please tell your dad that he has many supporters here in NZ who are surrounding him and his beautiful boy with healing prayers every day. I'm glad that you are both keeping positive for Reuben. That's what he needs right now, so be brave for him. While there's life, there's hope, Shelley and right now, everything that needs to be done is being done. It sounds as if Reuben has a good vet. I hope you and Howard are both OK and that it's a bit warmer where you are.

Well ladies, that's me for now. I'm going to finish my latest bible lesson after i have a cup of decaf, and get it sent away tomorrow. I'm finding Exodus really tricky and hard to read/understand. Oh yes, a word of warning - don't EVER read Brenda Novak's book Her Darkest Nightmare, if you are on your own. I've got the whole set of four books out of the library and boy ,are they scary !!! I've only read the first one - it's all about a female doctor who works with psychopaths and serial killers in a facility in Alaska. Silence of the Lambs has nothing on these books. I don't know if I'll read the others , or at least I'll wait until Janna's at home !!!

Have a great Sunday, Pamela and Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-01-2024, 10:11 AM   #2

Re: HOT Sunday

Hello ladies,
Dinky thank you so much for your wise words and prayers, i have told dad and shiwn him the lovely prayer you sent.
How lovely that Elliott visited you. He sounds like a lovely guy.
Its great tgat Iren enjoyed Fiji and also enjoying Janna's company.
Howard and myself had a lovely day yesterday in Southport. We looked around the shops and i managed to buy a vintage doll for my stall in march, I've very little stock at the moment.
We then had lunch in a vintage style tearoom
When we got home i discovered we'd won £50 on premium bonds.
I latwr managed to buy more stock online and also a vintage cat for myself.
Church this morning then we will go and see Dad and Reuben.
Pamela, what are you up to this weekend?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-01-2024, 08:55 PM   #3

Re: HOT Sunday

Good evening ladies,

Dinky thank you for sending the warm weather over in an envelope i will look forward to getting it!! Glad to hear Oren has settled well being back at home and is happy with Janna being there also soo pleased that he enjoyed his holiday! How old is Oren?

That was lovely of Elliot to drop in and visit. Awful that he hasnt gotten to see his children though.

Shelley, how has Reuben been this weekend? Sounds like you and Howard have had a lovely weekend! Are you being affected by the storm thats hit? It is soo windy and wet here, really isnt nice at all. All our trains are cancelled so no idea if i will get into the office tomorrow!

We have had a fairly quiet weekend. I was at training with Robyn yesterday which was good and my friend is also now in my class which is nice. Came home and we went out for a little while then home. Had a fairly quiet day today as well. Walked the girls and then food shopping. Nothing exciting! Been at home most of teh day due to the weather. They are predicting power cuts so i have my head torches/batteries and normal torch all ready to go and my BBQ lighter for candles. Hopefully we should be fine but you never know!

Im not disappointed about the job tbh, i had decided i wasnt going to take it as i have been told my assistant manager wants me with him to bring in changes and improvements and i have my trip to Birmingham coming up in a few weeks as well.

Speak to you both soon