Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
14-01-2024, 07:25 AM   #1

Very very hot Sunday.

Hi ladies,
Sunday 6:30pm here and it's around 30 degrees outside at the moment. The last couple of days have been unbearable and our fire risk is very high, also we have water restrictions in place. My cats hate it. I took them out at 10pm last night and they just flopped down on the back lawn and didn't move. I sat out the back with them for about an hour because ,by then, it was a bit cooler, and they seemed to really enjoy it. I'll do the same tonight.

I was so furious yesterday morning . I saw one of my wee birds getting caught by the cat that lives across the back fence. I was sitting out in the back conservatory when this cat leapt out from the hole in the bottom of my garage door, and grabbed a wee sparrow and ran back into my garage. I dashed out there but couldn't find the cat anywhere. There's so much junk in the garage - all my cousin's furniture. Anyway, I was so angry, I blocked up the hole in the door with a board so the cat couldn't get out, however as it was very hot, I took the board away after 30 minutes. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the cat come out and I'm worried that its collar may have got caught on something in there. I've been calling it today, but can't actually see anything. and there's no sound at all. I just hope it's OK. I've left the door unblocked, so it is able to come out if it wants to.

I haven't done much at all today - it's just been too hot. Tomorrow, it's meant to be cooler with maybe a bit of rain. Gosh, I hope so.

PAMELA,oh dear, poor Steven. I do hope that his neck is a bit better now and thank goodness your car wasn't badly damaged. It could have been so much worse, Pamela. Steven must have got a heck of a shock. Lots and lots of luck for your new job interview next week . Are you nervous ? I know it will all go well for you. I hope your niece had a great birthday the other day and it must have been nice to see your friend and her wee one as well. How lovely that wee Princess has found a good home with your dog walker. Her former owner will be much relieved, I'm sure. Thank goodness you were on hand to help, Pamela. I know what an air fryer is ,but haven't heard about the ninja model. I'm guessing it's good though. and it's got to be a healthier alternative to frying in oil or fat.

SHELLEY, I do so hope that the higher dosage of the appetite stimulant is continuing to work well for Reuben. There's a lot of people over here that are praying every day for your dad and his beautiful boy. I'm glad that your dad has two trusted friends who are spending time with him. I will be keeping everything crossed for Reuben's vet visit on Monday. I know Reuben might be 17, but I totally agree with what you say Shelley - life is precious and worth fighting for, and if Reuben can have longer, then everything that can be done for him should be done.

I'm glad Malaika and Kwame are starting to play a bit with their toys. It must be good to see them retrieving them. At least you know that they are enjoying them and your money has been well spent.

Well ladies ,I'm off to feed my wee birds again. I hope you both have a really good Sunday and a great week to follow It seems to be getting a bit cooler outside now, thank goodness.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-01-2024, 10:07 AM   #2

Re: Very very hot Sunday.

Good morning ladies,

It’s a chilly one here, dinky please feel free to send some heat to Scotland ��.

Not much to report tbh. Steven is feeling better with his cold, his neck is settling a little bit as well and he is back to his usual self!! The girls are currently up in bed with him. I had to get up as I don’t like laying in bed too long when I wake up as I end up with a headache.

Had Robyn’s training yesterday which was interesting as she was wild!! We were out in a big braes area so her nose was down constantly with all the animal smells! Couldn’t really get her to focus. Came home and had an appointment with the hairdressers and got my hair cut. It’s been needing it!!

Still need to get the girls walked and I think we are going to see Steven’s folks today.

Dinky I’m sure the cat is ok and is probably just hiding from the heat. I’m not surprised you were angry at its antics though. I hope the cats are ok today and it’s cooler for you.

Shelley how is Reuben? I’ve been thinking of him. Do you have any doll fairs coming up? I really need to get my head back into furever snuffling and also think of some new things to sell!

Have a great day ladies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-01-2024, 11:00 AM   #3

Re: Very very hot Sunday.

Hello ladies
Nice sunny day today but obviously no heat like you have Dinky.
Saw Reuben and dad yesterday.
Reuben doing reasonably well.
He's eating, although not as much as he should and had a little more energy.
On a plus side dads glue ear is resolving and consequently his hearing has improved.
Pamela, glad Steven is feeling better, hope you both have a nice visit today.
Dinky, the cat probably sneaked out without you seeing, i think id be lookung over the fence to check and put your mind at rest.