Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
23-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #11

Re: Daisy is falling over.

Jake is home, he's beside me on the sofa. I'm rather stuck here until tomorrow as I need to make sure he isn't knocked by the other dog and gets help if he needs to go to the loo! He is sore and sleepy but the op went well and I think he will be much more comfortable soon.
The vet looked at Daisy and agrees its likely to be an inner ear infection or something like spondylosis. She's in tomorrow for bloods, x-rays and possibly an enema because she's struggling to pooh. The bloods will show how her kidneys are doing and if an infection is there, the x-rays will show any spinal issues. I'm sure there will be, the last time she was in for a dental I had her chest x-rays and her rib cage is extremely abnormal, rather than deep and rounded its narrow and squashed. She has always had an arched back and never carries her tail up, which is why she gets acupuncture. I'm hoping its her inner ear, as its the best issue to deal with.
Josy, the Netherland dwarf rabbit, is also in tomorrow to get her eye checked. She was in to be spayed and have a mammary lump removed, I asked to get her x-rayed first to check nothing had spread to her lungs ( on the assumption the mammary lump was malignant). Her heart became very erratic during the x-ray so we did not go any further, however her right eye must have dried out while under because when we collected the vet noticed it and we put her onto fucithalmic, but I think she now has an ulcer. Josy was part of a large rabbit rescue we did but most of the rabbits went onto Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care, who Rehome buns. We kept Josy because she had mastitis and she always had a dirty bum. The x-rays showed she has a very deformed spine at her shoulder blades, which explains why she can't clean her bum.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
24-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #12

Bad news for Daisy, regardless of whatever else is going on, her kidneys have failed and the vets are amazed at how bright she is considering how bad they are. We are going in tonight for her to be PTS by Andrew. I'm not going to take her home in between times because the car journey seems to make her very ill. Usually I choose to PTS at home but I'm going to leave her at the vet and go in to say goodbye.
What a crappy month this has been!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #13

So sorry farthing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #14

Absolute rubbish news Farthing ... I'm so sorry. Still very much in awe of the wonderful and largely unsung work you do x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
24-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #15

Oh my...I am so sorry for everything you are going through right now. I have seen 2 dogs leave this world due to kidney failure, one not too long ago. My heart breaks for you in such a time of sorrow. You are doing a very selfless thing for Daisy. I hope Jake recovers well and quickly. I am so sorry. (((hugs)))

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
24-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #16

Really sorry Farthing, an awful time for you.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
24-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #17

So terribly sorry Farthing to hear the news about Daisy.What a terrible time you are having.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
26-10-2014, 01:26 AM   #18

So so sorry