Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
28-10-2017, 08:08 PM   #1

halloween weekend

evening everyone, hope all members are well and catsey pets are safe and warm indoors with it being halloween weekend and also any fireworks going off.

My 2 are tucked up beside me and the pups are beside the hubby. Mia is terrified of fireworks so trying to keep her settled.

HAve a lovely weekend everyone x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
29-10-2017, 06:29 AM   #2

Re: halloween weekend

Hi Pamela and anyone else who may be around. It's Sunday afternoon here and our Halloween is on tuesday evening. There is usually fireworks also. My cats and dog will also be safe inside with us.I do hope your Mia will be OK. Hopefully there won't be too many fireworks where you are.

I'm hoping that I won't have any trick and treaters coming round as Willow leaps up every time the door ball rings. The arthritis in her back legs is very bad and I try to keep her as quiet as possible.

Hope all is well with you and your family, Pamela. Have a great weekend to you and everyone else on Catsey.

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2017, 10:42 PM   #3

Hi dinky, nice to hear from you

we have had fireworks the last couple of nights so she has been really wary. Fingers crossed with the trick or treaters x my barney has really bad hips/back legs too. not nice when they run at the doors x

hope you are all keeping well x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
31-10-2017, 07:21 AM   #4

Pamela, I'm sorry about Barney's legs/hips. My Willow is now very bad and one of her legs often goes on her and she "sits" down rather quickly. At this stage she can still get up off the floor. We dread the day when she cannot do so. I'm just wondering if you have Barney on any medication that is helping him? I'd love to hear if you are finding something that helps.Willow cannot take any of the NSAID drugs that help arthritis as she reacts badly. She has monthly synovan injections from the vet and daily 4CYTE granules containing glucosamine and green lipped mussel powder.When really bad, I give her tramol for pain but it makes her drowsy and she is more likely to fall.I do hope you have found something that is helping Barney.It is heartbreaking to see our beloved dogs like this.All the very best for your beautiful boy.

Catsey Veteran

31-10-2017, 07:20 PM   #5

thats not good Dinky x i hope willow is ok xx He isnt on medication excpt natural joint supplements from the vet as they dont want to put him on pain killers or anti inflammatories. He also jumps form teh couch and sits straight down like he has hurt his leg its not nice to watch

Mia is terrified with teh fireworks just now. took us half an hour to stop her shaking after 1 firework last night. The cats dont bother thankfuly and just sleep or run about the house!!