Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
02-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #1

not so new, long time absent member.....

Greetings everyone...

I thought I should re introduce myself as im sure there are lots of new additions to Catsey since I was last here...I still have 2 feline fur babies (George and Harry).. and a canine fur baby Charlie...who keep me busy... looking forward to getting back into the forum

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #2

Re: not so new, long time absent member.....

Good Lord where did you spring from Hello looking forward to catching up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #3

Hi - welcome back! Been wondering about you and your feline friends ......... and Charlie too!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #4

Hi Jo, welcome back, it's good to see you again!

Looking forward to catching up with your news....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
02-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #5

Welcome back Jo from another long absent friend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #6

Welcome back

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #7

Welcome back, good to see you.........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #8

hello and welcome back.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #9

Love to see you again Jo. Have you been on any of your epic journeys recently? Good to hear all is well with you

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
03-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #10

Thank you all for the warm welcome back... things here are good although the last 18 months or so have been a bit rough from a family perspective.... what with my father passing away suddenly and Davids father passing away some 6 months later... and issues with his sister "removing" money from the parents bank accounts and the ensuing investigations and lawyers and court visits and now dealing with the toxic/prickly relationship that remains...

Harry and George have been in obscene good health... Charlie had a few issues... some surgery and now everything is sorted with her albeit she is on a special diet and will take medication for the rest of her life but she is a beautiful natured dog who actually thinks she is a cat..
Her and Harry are great mates... George has developed what we call the thunderpaw which he uses to great effect when ever it takes his fancy and Charlie is close enough to feel it...

About a year ago i designed and had built a cat run that goes from the house out into our covered outdoor entertainment area and then out to the open air... Harry took to it immediately, in fact she supervised all aspects of its build and fitting from the installation of the pet door to the installation of the dangly toy in the finished structure... she really is the most amazing cat... no fear and totally the bossy miss!...George on the other hand took a full 5 months before he would venture out into it... preferring to instead be VERY sure that it was safe by monitoring Harry's use and after 5 months of seeing that nothing bad happened to Harry he couldn't contain his curiosity any longer... mind you... for the last 3 weeks or so before he ventured out he was observed on numerous occasions with his head through the flap watching... seeming half in the inside world and half in the outside world.... before he finally took the plunge and went fully outside...... his little food obsessed brain obviously unable to resist the treats that i had been tempting him with to get him to come completely through the hole into the outside world...

and in answer to Yola's question yes we have recently come home from another of our long trips away... we left Australia on July 9 and flew to America... spent a month there and then flew to London which we used as a base for two months whilst we traipsed around Europe before spending 10 days in Koh Samui on the way home arriving on Oct 10... luckily Cait is still living at home and was the built in babysitter for our crew......

so... that's about me in a nutshell!