Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 1 BSH
31-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #1

Hello!

Hi I'm Bee and a newbie to the boards!

I have always had cats since I was a child, worked at a cattery as my first job when I was 14 (which has made me resolve never to send my own kitties to a cattery!), volunteered with CP whilst a student, and finally living as a non-student last year got my first cat! He was a CP rescue, FIV+ former stray 9 y/o who sadly had a much more complicated medical history than we ever could have anticipated (cancer, epilepsy and a heart condition all in addition to his FIV), and he sadly died a couple of months ago

However in much happier news, and the reason why I've joined the forums today, is because I'm rescuing another kitty, a BSE, from Battersea - she's 2/3 and currently called Ina but we are renaming her Clementine. She'll be living alone with me for a year or so until her confidence is built up a bit and then will consider adding another to the family, possibly a kitten!

She's being spayed on Friday and provided all goes to plan, I may be collecting her on Saturday or Sunday! So excited!! Ordered tonnes of stuff online in anticipation of her arrival (despite already having tonnes of stuff from Jerry, my old boy, I've convinced myself she needs a new bowl, bed and some new toys - this is definitely true as old J wasn't interested in anything beyond sleeping and cuddles!). I've also vowed to put her on a better diet and avoid the supermarket dry brands, so I've ordered some RC Sensible to start her off on as she's on a sensitive brand at the centre at the moment, but hoping to then put her on a 'normal' dry food, supplementing with less high end wet foods.

Perhaps that was a bit tmi for a first post, but hello to everyone!xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #2

Re: Hello!

Hi Bee! So exciting and I hope all goes well and you can collect Clementine this weekend after her spay. I look forward to meeting her and welcoming her to the forum too!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdolls
31-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #3

Hiya, really enjoyed reading your post. I'm pretty new all this too, but this is a really friendly forum. I have three cats Tinkerbelle Luna and Ernesto, but this time last year I didn't have any cats so I've found the help and advice on here invaluable.
I love the name clementine and look forward to seeing pictures of her!x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
31-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #4

looking forward to seeing pics of Clementine when she's home!

01-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #5

Aww you're all very kind, this is indeed a very friendly forum! I will upload pics as soon as I can!

A massive parcel was waiting for me yesterday when I got home from work - it was the new carrier I'd bought for Clementine (as my old one had bad memories of taking my poorly old cat to the vets), plus some fun interactive games I've bought for her to be entertained by, as I have a pretty demanding job and will be out at work for long days! (I'm training to be a lawyer)

Your kitties all look gorgeous, I am getting so impatient to have Clem home for cuddles and snuggles!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
01-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #6

Hi,
Sounds like Clementine is going to be spoilt rotten! Lucky girl.
So sorry to hear that you lost your Jerry x

09-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #7

Clem came home with me on Saturday and she's settled in really well! The ladies at the rescue centre said all the usual stuff about giving her time etc but once we let her out she had a sniff around for 45mins and then jumped on us and sat happily being stroked on the sofa for the rest of the day!

We limited her to just the open plan living/kitchen area for the first two days, and then opened up the rest of the flat (only one bedroom). Since being let into my bedroom she's been a bit more antisocial and taken to hiding under my bed, especially on an evening, so I'm currently making it off bounds when I get home from work so she is forced to be a bit more brave and be around me in the living room.

She's such a lovely cat though - gorgeous temprement and so playful! Bit silly nibbling at her stitches (and refusing to wear a bucket) but she's having them out on Sunday so hoping this will be a short term issue!

Overall happy faces all round - no pics yet though as I only have the internet at work atm and not keen on uploading etc personal photos!

Hope you and your kitties are all well!
xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #8

Hello Bee, welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear about your loss of Jerry but pleased to hear you have Clemantine home with you. I don't blame you ordering her new things, it's a very exciting time.
I wouldn't worry about her hiding,she will be doing it to feel safe,it must be a big life style change for her, I'm sure she will feel much more confiden soon.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
09-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #9

Hi and welcome from me, Joy and Beau

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
09-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #10

We had to do the same with Missy, as she just stayed under the bed. It worked well after just a few days and now we see much more of her!