Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #1

Stay or move home?

Just thinking based on Eileen's thread about moving I wondered do you consider the home you are in now to be the home you will still be in in 20 years or so or do you forsee down or up sizing in the future.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
23-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #2

Re: Stay or move home?

i like my house, i just dont like the area its in!! i dont think i will be here in 20 years time, i think we would need to upsize if we wanted to start a family. oh but how i haaaate moving!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #3

We will probably have to downsize some time in the future. Sad, because I like my house and the area but we would be completely stuck if me or OH could no longer drive as there is no public transport at all. Hate the thought really.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #4

I don't need a 4 bedroom house these days but 2 of them are being used as hobby rooms by OH. I'd like a house with bigger but fewer rooms, a bungalow would suit me fine as my arthritis is only going to get worse and stairs will be a problem. Ideally I'd like to have a view which is something we don't have now but that would mean moving away and I'd miss not being near my daughter as I get older.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #5

I don't want to ever have to move again, but I fear that in the not too distant future that the stairs may become a problem for me and I may have to consider it. But hopefully can put it off a bit longer as I'm hoping to persuade my housing trust to convert a downstairs storage cupboard into a small loo, then I can basically avoid the stairs during the day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
23-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #6

I would like to move to a cottage or bungalow but know that mum at 89 could not take the move, it was hard enough for her last year moving down to this house after dad died.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #7

I love where we live but to be realistic it is isolated, not within walking distance of anything and if we were unable to drive we would be totally cut off.

The house is all on the level and easily kept and I think that OH would have to be physically evicted so we may need to rely on home deliveries, taxis and internet shopping for as long as possible.

I'd like to think I was still here in 20 years.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
25-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #8

We currently have our house on the market as we need to downsize for financial reasons. Realistically, we don't need a 4-bed detached house anymore and releasing the capital in the house would help us enourmously, especially as I am being made redundant. However, we have been here for 16 years and I love the house, area, our large garden, we are at the end of a cul-de-sac so it is safe for the cats. Will miss our en-suite! I have to keep reminding myself it is only bricks and mortar

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #9

See I think if you have found what you consider to be your "ideal" home once then you can find it again......just a different "ideal"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #10

I don't know... I guess that seeing this is my first house, and it's rented, and similar I could see myself moving, but...