Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #1

Breakfast what do you have?

Saw this on dogsey and thought hey a decent topic. This is my breakfast menu started last year following my Op before that none breakfast eater at all but now make time.

On work day when in before 7am I have a slice wholemeal toast with marmite and a cup of coffee. And have a bananna with a glass of apple juice when I get back from the morning walk with Sal, before setting off to work about 5.20 or 6.20am

Saturdays (day off) and late days at work (in by 12.30 two days a week)
I have freerange boiled/poached egg and wholemeal toast with marmite; cup of coffee, then bananna with glass apple juice.

Sundays normaly either mixed bowl of kellogs cornflakes and special K with semi skimmed milk. Glass apple juice, usually because I take Sal for a nice long walk on Sundays and find this gives me enough energy.

Everyday I have a handful of mixed nuts/seeds and add rasins/cranberries along with 3-4 ready to eat apricots. Have this about 10-11 midmorning and on late work days have it about 2-3pm.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
10-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #2

Re: Breakfast what do you have?

I leave for work at 7:50am (ish) and hate early mornings! By the time I have fed and watered the 3 cats, 3 rabbits and dog and then washed all their bowls I need to get ready for work.

Therefore I don't have breakfast but if I am feeling hungry I will have a chocolate bar or bag of crisps in the car. If I don't have anything in the car then I wait until 11am when the children have their snack time (I am reception teacher). I then sit with the children and have a bag of crisps and a piece of fruit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #3

Hi Kazz - interesting thread. I've been naughty over Christmas and had toast with butter, but before the festivities and starting yesterday I have gone back to a "regular" breakfast which consists of two tablespoons of spelt muesli with some sort of fruit (stewed apple or half a banana); two dessertspoonsful of low fat natural yoghurt and a little semi-skimmed milk. I also have a small glass of orange juice. I generally have a mug of tea (with skimmed milk) before I get up - brought by my lovely OH and the same again with breakfast. I might have a black coffee mid morning, but nothing further to eat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #4

I haven't been a breakfast eater since school, when my mom insisted on and fixed it. I know the theory: most important meal of the day, etc., but just don't like to eat in the mornings. I have a glass of orange juice and milk. When I was working, took a small cinnamon bun and had that and a cup of tea before the patients came.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #5

Just a cup of tea for me in the mornings during the week, at the weekend I sometimes have scrambled eggs or toast and marmite.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #6

I have to have a morning cup of tea before I do anything else first thing in the mornings. I then have 3 weetabix with semi skimmed milk before heading off out to walk the dogs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
10-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #7

lately i've been to lazy to get up early and make time for breakfast so i mostly just have a cereal bar or dry oatcakes when i get to work. saturdays at work is bakers day so depending on how bad i feel, il have a pancake/crupmet and jam or a roll and sausage with a potato scone
now the diet is upon me, im going to make myself get up earlier and have a proper breakfast! depends on what i feel like really and how hungry i am when i get up, things i mostly have are: toast and banana- a fave i sometimes have this for lunches aswell! porridge- i make it with milk and sugar, sometimes i get honey readybreak so i dont have to add sugar, toast, toast and honey or cereal, often varied between cornflakes, rice crispies, weetabix, shreddies. at the weekends, i mostly have a BIG bowl of bad cereal, something chocolaty if i have it, or egg and soldiers!!

dandysmom, i never used to eat breakfast either then at school i would start to get a sore tum from not eating, so i had to start forcing myself to eat breakfast. at the weekends i dont eat until ive been up for a few hours unless im going out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #8

I know, I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and i wish i could eat it.
I have to have two cups of tea before leaving the house or else i don't feel right at all. I generaly find it a struggle to face food in the morning except if on holiday in a b +b, then i can manage the lot, fruit juice, cereal and full English (veg style)
Occassionaly i buy cereal with every good intention but it usualy just stands forlornly in the cupboard.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-01-2011, 11:11 PM   #9

Mug of tea (no milk, no sugar) bowl of mini shredded wheat, sliced banana and semi-skimmed milk and sometimes wholemeal or seeded toast with jam (no butter these days) If I'm not really hungry then I'll just have the toast. I used to love croissants but I've had to cut right back on fat content since my gall bladder episode.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #10

Simple.....Coffee...........