Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #1

Money in lost accounts

The British Bankers Association, the Building Societies Association and National Savings and Investments (NS&I), have launched a joint venture, My Lost Account to replace separate account tracing tools. Use this to find lost current accounts, savings accounts or premium bonds. It's estimated the unclaimed cash in these could be as much as £1 billion, so it's worth it.

To start reclaiming, simply go to the site, select 'search' and you can fill in the details about the account you are looking for. After that it's a waiting game; banks and building societies say they'll respond within three months of the claim, while (NS&I), which provides premium bonds and a few other savings products, says it'll get back to you in one month.

---------------

Found this on the Money Saving Expert website, some people who have had dormant accounts have had quite good results.