Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #1

Part time job suggestions

Well a friend of mine needs to find a part time job for a space of time..due to a relationship break up leaving her short of cash.....any suggestions for a part time job either evenings...or nights....she works full time during the day.
And would like a little money for back up her full time wages pay the bills and nothing else.

She has no profesional qualifications but loads common sense.

So come on you part time workers suggestions please

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
05-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #2

Re: Part time job suggestions

What a shame she wants to be careful she doesnt do to much Kazz.

Do you know what type of work she wants to do?

The NHS have an agency -

http://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/

She would have an interview and if she passed and got put on the books she could work what ever hours she wanted to as long as they were available. There is no contract so if ever the contacted her with a shift and she didnt want to do it for anyreason she wouldnt have to.

Hope she manages to get things sorted soon xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
05-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #3

I forgot to say the good thing about NHS Professionals is that even though there is no contract she still gets all the perks,a pension if she wishes,holiday entitlement etc

Catsey Veteran

05-08-2008, 09:34 PM   #4

No she won't do to much.....but her relationship of almost 20 years has broken down.....she is totaly gutted but has got it togther however without OH's money she is suffering money wise.
Will pass on the link ta Erin

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-08-2008, 10:39 PM   #5

Well Kazz, for 4 years I worked 5 days a week in school and also every Friday night as a Marie Curie HCA working with patients in their own homes. The work wasn't strenuous and the hardest part was keeping awake! I used to sit with patients while their carers got a good nights sleep. Most weren't any problems as they were often on strong painkillers and slept or in some cases were semi concious. I used to sit and read or do crosswords. It is quite a responsibility and some did pass away while I was there. However, it was very rewarding and quite well paid.

Failing that how about a supermarket for a few hours evenings/week-ends even 1 night stacking shelves?

It's so sad that her relationship has broken down and that she has to do this. I have to say that I found having 2 jobs difficult in that I never had enough time at home and felt like I was always at work. In the school holidays I just did extra shifts too. Now that we are fostering I have been able to give it up and although I miss it, I don't miss staying awake all night after being awake all day. I really hope your friend manages to sort something out.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
06-08-2008, 12:38 AM   #6

How about baby sitting or mothers help/nanny as that would be in the afternoon/evening and pays well depending on where she lives. Or you can do night nannying where oyou help new mothers or people who will be out all night. here are some links
http://www.findababysitter.com/?gcli...FQWL1Qod3kllqA
http://www.northwestchildcare.co.uk/default.asp
http://www.lemonjellynannysolutions.co.uk/
or be a maternity nurse.
http://www.maternalresponse.co.uk/

hope things are sorted out soon

Tilly

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black Moggie
andrew021 is Male
26-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #7

I have a part-time job along with a full-time job.

I work part-time in Tesco two evenings (17.00 - 21.00) and full day Saturday (8.00 to 17.00).

The drawback with two jobs is I am taxed at 33 & 3rd % in Tesco job but its enjoyable and completely different from my full-time job.

Catsey Veteran

26-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #8

Thanks Andrew she is still looking......I think getting back into a routine is going to be hard for her she is more distraught than we believed.