Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
29-01-2023, 05:37 AM   #1

Hot Sunday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Sunday 5.45pm here and boy ,it's been hot over the last few days. Almost unbearable for me, I'm afraid, but nice for the children on school holiday. They all go back to school next week. It seems strange that the North Island, especially Auckland, has been hit with torrential rain over the last few days, which has led to terrible flooding in some areas. Many people have lost their homes and everything they own and sadly 4 have been drowned in the flood waters. This is definitely not normal for New Zealand at this time of the year. Many have had to evacuate and are living in refuge centres. What a terrible start to the year for them, so I really mustn't moan about our weather down here. My sinus has been dreadful and so I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday this week to see if I can get something for it.

Miracle and Betsey went to the groomers this week, but I didn't take Freddie or Snoddy. Freddie is fine and Snoddy still isn't quite right so I'm not stressing him. Michele is away this week on a course so I've booked him in for the 8th February, when she's back, but if I need to take him earlier, I will see another vet if I have to. Miracle was a good girl at the groomers and got her bottom shaved ,so she looks good again now. Betsey has been shaved all over, apart from her tail and looks like a little shorn sheep . Freddie was just about to jump on her and chomp down on her neck when I brought her home, when he stopped dead in his tracks with a look of utter amazement on his face. It was priceless. I think he thinks she's a new cat because he won't go near her. I hope it lasts !!!

Snoddy is still a bit strange. I take him outside early in the morning and he loves it. and seems perfectly fine, stalking birds and chasing leaves etc. When he comes in ,he just goes to sleep and sleeps most of the day, and that worries me a bit.. I'm just keeping my eye on him anyway.

Crispy bread rolls tonight for tea with surimi, garlic mayo, hard boiled egg and lettuce. It's really too hot in the kitchen for having anything done in the oven.

PAMELA,, you must really try Thai - it's lovely and not too spicy, not a lot of meat and so tasty and filling. No, sadly Jack and Vera don't come anymore, but I hope they return next season again. We still get the magpies though. I hope Robyn has now gotten over her season. Do you plan to get her spayed soon ? It's always the way when you don't want to see other dogs on your walks. That was very inconsiderate of that man not to keep his dog under control and let it run over to Robyn all the time. Your playdate with Freya sounds as if it went so well and how lovely that you were able to take Mia as well. I hope you have many more playdates with her in the future. Pleased that you are pleased with your lovely big TV. It won't be long before it can go up on your wall, like Shelley,s big one. Good for you both taking a few days off work this week to get that stripping done in your lounge. It would be impossible to find the time otherwise. I hope it goes well. Good luck also for getting your car fixed this week. It seems to have been a long time coming. I hope the garage gets on to the repairs quickly for you.

SHELLEY, I.m so pleased that your dad has now got his house rewired. That's a good job done. Thank goodness he is also feeling better now. I hope Chris treatment went well last week. Twice a week when the hospital is quite far away is a bit of a pain, I know, but if the treatment is working well, then it's all worth it in the end.. Shelley, I would love to see a picture of your book and the doll, if you ever get the chance. I know you must be thrilled with them both. I hope you've got them displayed in some prominent position at home.

Well ladies, I'm off to make those rolls now. I'm getting hungry..

Have a wonderful Sunday Pamela and Shelley..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-01-2023, 10:19 AM   #2

Re: Hot Sunday daily.

Morning Dinky,

Sorry to hear it is too hot over there, please send some to our way its been chilly here recently. I bet Miracle and Betsy look great after the groomers. I do hope its just the heat getting to Snoddy and making him sleepy during the day. Is he eating for you? Its funny the Freddy stopped when he saw Betsy!! Crispy rolls sounds lovely!!

Apologies for any spelling mistakes, Robyn decided to lay with her head and front paws on my arm whilst i was trying to type!

We have started stripping the living room walls yesterday and i forgot how much dust is created when you do it. I was suffering with my hayfever quite badly because of it last night but it is worth it as my living room is going to look great when its done The TV looks great but will look better once it is on the wall but we need to paper first then do that. Robyn is in what we think is the last week of her season and we are definitely getting her spayed at the start of April.

Shelley, how are you? Has your dads house been rewired now? will the house need redecorated after its done?

I better go get organised as we need to get the dogs walked, then go to Stevens mums and clean out teh fire before they come back from holiday as we put it on last week when we were down and then food shop and then back to stripping the walls but this time i will have a face mask on to limit any dust getting into my poor nose!!

Have a great day ladies