Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

05-12-2004, 12:29 PM   #1

We had an EARTHQUAKE!!

Last night at 3 o'clock in the morning our time (about 2 yours) my dad, me, and the dogs were woken up by an earthquake!! Tamino went bonkers barking and shivering, Penny was better as shes been in earthquakes before.

It was scary, they measured it in Zurich as being a 5.4 on the richter scale I've been in badish quakes before, from living every summer in Greece for 7 years, but this was one of the worst I've felt EVER. The house shook so hard it made my lava lamp fall over and break Our house is very squarely built! So when it shook so hard the windows started rattling and dishes and glasses fell over I started getting alarmed (as did my dad ).

Strange though, as we aren't near any faults or edges of any tectonic plates. I thought (in my sleepridden stupor) that it was coming from the Mediterrian and nearly had a panic attack thinking of my mum and sister who are in Greece now Almost called them, which would not have gone down well with them. But as it turns out, the epicenter was by Baden-Baden, in Germany, somewhere in the Black Forest Very wierd

So........ from Kate, who is happy to be alive and still posting It made me realise how much I love you guys

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2004, 01:11 PM   #2

Re: We had an EARTHQUAKE!!

Oh my god Kate!!! That is really bad, and I bet very scarey!

Glad that you are ok!

We love you too!!

xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #3

Gosh Kate, that must have been really frightening I'm so glad you are all ok. Was there any damage around the area?

What part of Switzerland do you live in? Didn't they have a fairly big earthquake in Italy a couple of weeks ago....was that anywhere near you? I have a brother who lives in Northern Italy, almost on the Italian/Swiss border and he has experienced two earthquakes since living there.

You take care.....and glad your computer is ok!

xx

Catsey Junior

05-12-2004, 04:38 PM   #4

We live in northern Switzerland, near the German border.

Its very nice in northern Italy, does he live anywhere near Chiassio? Only asking cause we spent a few days there and loved it

Thank god the computer survived, don't know what I would have done.

Global Moderator

05-12-2004, 06:37 PM   #5

[quote="Bastet"]

Its very nice in northern Italy, does he live anywhere near Chiassio? Only asking cause we spent a few days there and loved it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He lives in Sondrio and had his wedding reception at a hotel on Lake Como, which I think is quite near Chiassio isn't it?

Catsey Junior

05-12-2004, 09:13 PM   #6

Ahhhhhhh, I've been there. Its really nice Yes it is near. I meant to say Como

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Bengal
Azz is Male
06-12-2004, 12:01 AM   #7

well glad u r ok and gladder ur puter is! lol jus kiddin u r more important

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
06-12-2004, 10:20 AM   #8

Azz

Glad your okay too Kate. I get scared when we only get little ones here. Jas slept through the last little tremmor we had. It actually wasn't that long ago cos it was when we were in our new house and we've only been here 3 years.

Global Moderator

06-12-2004, 07:28 PM   #9

I didn't realise you got earth tremors in Wales Nae.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
07-12-2004, 11:16 AM   #10

Not often but we do get them and mainly only strong enough to topple jars or glasses.

As i say nothing major but really scary all the same