Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
19-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #1

Notts and Derbys Cat Club Show

Lovely day but long, tiring and not impressed with no rossies for the side classes because I am a rossie junkie He he!

I have to say I found the venue a bit odd - the cats were packed in with the shopping area really spacious and the hall was stifling from the outset and we thought we would have to withdraw little Mister as he was panting and upset but I fanned him off and sponged him and he had settled before judging started

He did well today getting his second IC at the tender age of 9 months and 16 days and 1st & BOB in his open class too. He was less successful in his side classes today as he was against mature British Shorthairs most of whom were titled cats and one of whom is a cat who wins everywhere and everything - black BSH female neuter! Still got 1 first, 2nd and 2 fourths but only 1 cat, 2 cats and 4 cats in the classes respectively

Judges comments on sides were simply lovely cat but immature at the moment which is perfectly true

Lovely to see Kay again and meet her cats and sorry I missed both Fran and Grete - hope to see you both soon though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
19-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #2

Re: Notts and Derbys Cat Club Show

Congruatulations on a successful day Soupie!! What do you mean there were no rosettes for the side classes? They had them last year

Catsey Senior

19-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #3

No rosettes for the side classes or club classes this year just prize cards and I didn't receive all of those ..... They did rosettes for the trophy classes though but not a club member I had not entered these.

I just find it disappointing that's all after the entry fees are not cheaper than elsewhere. I have to say the rossies we did get though are lush! Especially the best of breed one which was in the perfect shade of green to complement Mister's coat in piccies

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #4

Congratulations on the successes Soupie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
20-01-2008, 11:38 PM   #5

Congratulations Sarah and Mr Fantastic. Sorry I didn't get round to seeing Mr F. at this show but it was great to see you again Sarah. I too was very disappointed about the lack of rosettes and I am going to write to the committe to complain about this. Are you going to complain, Sarah? The more people that write the better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
21-01-2008, 06:28 AM   #6

Well done Mr F and Soupie! I was sorry not to get my cuddle but I enjoyed 'chatting' with him when I stopped by his pen

Catsey Senior

21-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
Congratulations Sarah and Mr Fantastic. Sorry I didn't get round to seeing Mr F. at this show but it was great to see you again Sarah. I too was very disappointed about the lack of rosettes and I am going to write to the committe to complain about this. Are you going to complain, Sarah? The more people that write the better.
Yes I will do! After all it's not as though they paid prize money instead or entry fees cheaper and they did no Best of Variety or Best in Show so they hadn't had to pay for those prizes either....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
21-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #8

Well done on yet another sucessful show day.

Its so disappointing when you don't get rosettes for the side classes isnt it? The last show we went to that did that they did money prize draws instead. They did a prize draw for each section ie British, Semi Longhair etc etc and then an overall prize draw for more money and that was for the whole show entries.

Sarah
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #9

What a shame about the rosettes. It would have been nice, with everyone working so hard Well done on your successes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
21-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #10

I'd have been very disappointed that there were no rosettes for the side classes. After all, it's certainly not cheap to enter the show, the least they can do is provide you with a rosette! I know some shows offer cash alternatives to rosettes but for me I'd rather have the rosettes. If I'd have entered, I certainly would be putting a formal complaint in to the show manager