Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-09-2007, 10:26 PM   #11

Re: Upcoming cat shows, a new grand?

Congratulations and well done to you and Lily, you must be so proud of her!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-09-2007, 10:34 PM   #12

Oh, very big congratulations to you and Lily, well done! You must be soooo proud of her! Do you have some pics fro the show?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Lilac point Siamese
11-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #13

Lilys cage with her ribbons

Lily happy to see me come pick her up (shes meowing)

Lily in the finals ring

The first day as a Premier

Here is a video of a final:
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...nt=mine072.flv

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #14

Great pics and a lovely video ....well done Lily!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
12-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #15

Really well done to you all. Love the pics and video. Let us know how you get on later in the month.

CONGRATULATIONS

Catsey Junior

01-10-2007, 04:04 AM   #16

Well the second show didnt go as well. Tanzie did ok, she was scared (always had a poofy tail in the ring ). But by the end of the show Tanzie went in 1 ring and only got a poofy tail at the end, so that was an improvement for her.

Lily on the other hand didnt do so well. She had been improving little by little (being ok with showing) each show, but at this last show she made it clear to me she didnt want to do it anymore. So she wont be showing anymore.

A friend of mine was at the show as well, she is a Siamese cat breeder and had 2 meezers entered as well. She gave me an awesome tip! She said she feeds her meezers raw steak and it makes their bodies harder (since the standard wants a hard body). She let me feel her cats body and it was slightly softer than a rock It was absolutely amazing! I was always told Lilys body was good and hard but shes a marshmallow compared to her cats!!

So Im feeding my kitties raw steak every day to see if it will actually work. I started on Friday and so far Tanzies body feels harder and Lily feels a little harder (but Tanzie will eat more of the meat than Lily will).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-10-2007, 03:44 PM   #17

Interesting; I never knew that about the raw steak! I wonder what it is about it thst promotes the hard body? Are they on an all raw-steak diet or is it an occasional feeding?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
01-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #18

Massive well done to you and Lily. Sorry the second show didnt go as well as you hoped but you have one good thing on your side. You took the best cat home

Sarah
x

Catsey Junior

01-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Interesting; I never knew that about the raw steak! I wonder what it is about it thst promotes the hard body? Are they on an all raw-steak diet or is it an occasional feeding?
No, I couldnt make it their whole diet, it isnt a balanced meal. So I have been just giving them a bunch over their kibble every day (and then a little at night too). So far the kitten loves it and eats as much of it as possible and she already is starting to have a hard body! Lily isnt as enthusiastic about eating it but she still loves it so she is starting to change but not as much as Tanzie.

My sister (studying to be a nutritionalist) told me that it makes sense because protein makes muscle (I think thats what she said).