Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #1

Birds eye view if your garden

Okay people any chance of a birds eye view (taken from a bedroom window) of your garden I would like to see how they are set out.
Because guess what I have put my name down for a garden design course scary eh. And the part of the interview/application form is how we "use" our gardens so I thought I would use some of yours/lateral thinking maybe the key to acceptance. obviously won't be naming you.

And would like to have an idea what the "average" person has in their garden also what you use it for mostly and what if anything you would change.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #2

Re: Birds eye view if your garden

Karen, I do envy you - following your dream is such a great thing to do, and you have a very obvious aptitude .

OK, here is my garden, the back one. Front garden is a mess at the moment until we get a chance to landscape it a bit. Garden is used for sitting and eating/drinking, to play with the baby and for Dominik to play on his trike and in his sandpit.

What would I change? Not much seeing as we only did it last year, but if I did it again, I would spend more money on the paving and get proper yorkstone slabs rather than reconsituted concrete ones which kind of look the part; but not quite - if you know what I mean.

The planting is low-maintenance, and designed to be green all year around, with much interesting leaf texture and colour.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-06-2007, 08:13 PM   #3

Unless they have a section on design for the small urban townhouse, I'm not sure if my pics would help. Also, can't do a birds-eye as I'd have to crawl out on the porch roof to do so and heights make me queasy! I've taken some ground level shots if you think they'd be any good; also some of my neighbors garden which is professionally landscaped and very attractive. The back yard isn't in good enough shape to photograph now...problems with bamboo and honeysuckle overrunning things and a bit too much for me to cope with now! Let me know if you want the pics, please!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Sadly missed ginger tab
16-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #4

heres mine, I cant take a pic from my bedroom as its mostly to the side of my house
Its so big, what am I to do

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Unless they have a section on design for the small urban townhouse, I'm not sure if my pics would help. Also, can't do a birds-eye as I'd have to crawl out on the porch roof to do so and heights make me queasy! I've taken some ground level shots if you think they'd be any good; also some of my neighbors garden which is professionally landscaped and very attractive. The back yard isn't in good enough shape to photograph now...problems with bamboo and honeysuckle overrunning things and a bit too much for me to cope with now! Let me know if you want the pics, please!
All most welcome- I did not realise the problem my request for Birds Eye views would cause - however any view would be good thank you Eileen. Yours would be most most welcome.

Catsey Veteran

16-06-2007, 08:54 PM   #6

OK, I'll send them after dinner. They're too big for the resizer/uploader (can't crop because it would take out too much detail) so will have to use Photobucket, and that takes forever (I have dial--up)! Sounds like a fun course, Karen. hope you get lots of replys.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-06-2007, 09:54 PM   #7

I'll have to wait until tomorrow now Karen. But not a problem!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
16-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #8

I don't have a garden just a tiny gravel triangle thing which is being attacked by weeds at the moment.
But All the best and I hope you get where you want to with the course.
Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Unless they have a section on design for the small urban townhouse, I'm not sure if my pics would help.

That's all mine is Eileen, but the townhouse itself has 4 storeys hence I can do a good bird's eye view, but the garden is tiny !

Catsey Veteran

16-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #10

I'll list what's in mine here, rather than with the pics. Azaleas, Japanese maple, barberry hedge, vinca minor, mahonia, hostas, heucheras, hellebores, dogwood, winter jasmine, English ivy, Virginia creeper, 3 container roses, miniature dahlias. bulbs (Emperor tulips, crocus, Asiatic lilies, anemone blanda, scilla, miniature daffodils). Things that Summer outdoors: amaryllis, spider plants, orchids, grape bonsai.

My neighbor's yard has: redbud tree, camellias, hostas, upright yews and liriope.