Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #11

Re: New Bunny House

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
What colour does your daughter think it should be??? Reminds me of those stylish beach huts that are being sold for £000s at Hove!
She keeps saying... "blue and green should never be seen"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
05-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #12

It's so great! I love it!
I was at the specialty store yesterday, they just got some rabbits in and some of the hutches they had were amazing..I kind of wanted to buy one even though I wouldn't really have a use for one...I just love how it's like a minauture house!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #13

I thijnk it is fab and I love the colour, What lucky buns!! I hate seeing them in hutches too. My brother converted my nephew's old playhouse into something similar for their guinea pigs, I think it is a great idea! x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Tell that to the bluebells and the grass and the sky ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #15

Thats brilliant, lucky bunnies...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #16

Quote:
I think the saying is red and green should never be seen....no idea why though sorry I think I have just added more confusion not less.

Catsey Veteran

05-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
I thijnk it is fab and I love the colour, What lucky buns!! I hate seeing them in hutches too. My brother converted my nephew's old playhouse into something similar for their guinea pigs, I think it is a great idea! x
When the children had a rabbit my brother in law converted their old playhouse into a rabbit house too.... darned thing hated me when they went away as it had a routine and obviously I was not part of the routine.

But I had to put it away in case a fox got got they'd never have forgiven me and never believed that I had trouble with it as they could put it away by just calling it and shutting the playhouse door. I ended up trying to catch it ever tried to trap a freeranging rabbit in a large garden....not easy. After two years I swopped with my BIL's brother and I did the letting out and he did the putting away. he did try to swop back but I wouldn't
Damned thing was so well behaved when they were there popping in the house to have a look around and veg from dinner.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
When the children had a rabbit my brother in law converted their old playhouse into a rabbit house too.... darned thing hated me when they went away as it had a routine and obviously I was not part of the routine.

But I had to put it away in case a fox got got they'd never have forgiven me and never believed that I had trouble with it as they could put it away by just calling it and shutting the playhouse door. I ended up trying to catch it ever tried to trap a freeranging rabbit in a large garden....not easy. After two years I swopped with my BIL's brother and I did the letting out and he did the putting away. he did try to swop back but I wouldn't
Damned thing was so well behaved when they were there popping in the house to have a look around and veg from dinner.
Mine only get a few pellets a day for their dry food (hay and veg at other times) .. so I put them in a tupperware bowl and shake the bowl... they soon come running and then I just pop them away!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #19

Kazz, I'm still laughing at the mental pic of you charging about the garden trying to corral the bunny!

Catsey Veteran

05-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Mine only get a few pellets a day for their dry food (hay and veg at other times) .. so I put them in a tupperware bowl and shake the bowl... they soon come running and then I just pop them away!
I tried that, it wouldn't come well it did come...... then thought "Nah nanananna.......boohoo to you sucker" as it hopped off..... it just did not trust me.....I did on occasion before it realised they were gone (2nd time of looking after it) on occasion manage to get it into the kitchen then catch it but it soon wised up. Clever thing ........I swear it was related to Bugs Bunny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Kazz, I'm still laughing at the mental pic of you charging about the garden trying to corral the bunny!
Honest Eileen even going quietly round the garden it just grazed on the grass a bit then moved just out of reach. No point in me running or diving on it I tried everything bribery, sitting for hours waiting for it to come into its hutch or kitchen anywhere....but eventually it always did. Only once did I have to stay up all night watching it because I could not safely say it would survive the night outside the hutch although I pity anything that tried to get it.....Wile. E.Coyote would not have stood a chance with this rabbit; and you know what about 4.30am in popped into its hutch.... I would have turfed it out again but I did not have the heart. I just locked it in and left a message on BIL's brother phone saying don't come round after work( he worked nights and let it out about 7am.) But to come round when he got up because the rabbit had just gone to bed......and Yes I realise I am a soft touch.