Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
28-06-2010, 05:27 AM   #1

Pino update

Well she is just the most affectionate ferret. She dooks while giving you kisses, gets up real close and giggles in your ear. She just wants to constantly be touched, I've never met a ferret that wanted so much physical contact with a human, it is like a deprived child that has always wanted that or something. She's SO sweet.
Her and Cooper get along. They are quite the odd couple with him being 7 and her 1 year old. She is high energy and he's low energy but it still works. I think because even though she's playful she just has not one ounce of aggression in her. Cooper will give this little annoyed noise if she tries to dance with him and he's tired and she'll just dook and run over to me like "Mom did you see that? That was funny" and that's the end of it. Sometimes the old man still wants to play or gets a wild hair ...and tries to act all tough. For Cooper acting tough is screaming like a banshee while halfheartedly running toward Pino and "mouthing" her and then she'll roll over and scream in delight and after that he's like "I'm exhausted I'm going to bed now" But I think it's really great for him to have a warm body to cuddle up with now. I did try to intro Pino to my original group just to see if she could burn off some extra energy with them but Annie is a punk and took charge and Pino pooped herself so I'm like nope, that's not gonna work. And it's okay because I wouldn't take Pino from Cooper at this point. He needs her more than the other four do so I am okay with having 4 and 2. The four have their own room and the other two have our bedroom. Original four still free roam 24/7 and Cooper and Pino roam 8-10 hours straight before I put em away and we let the dogs in because they sleep with us at night.
I got a pretty decent cage off craigslist yesterday for Pino mostly because she was waking up and getting cage rage and tearing apart the first level of that travel cage. I really never planned that cage to be for any kind of permanent housing anyway. It just worked for Cooper and then I added Pino and realized they needed more space where she wouldn't pester him if she was all awake and giddy and enough room to stretch her legs. So I got a used but definitely still usable cage for them yesterday and there was no cage rage last night and Cooper actually goes back to it voluntarily for napping and Pino does too and she actually used the litter box correctly for once. In the other cage she threw little poopy tantrums So yeah everyone is doing good and K is so cute he's fallen so in love with this ferret. He'll never admit it but omg he fusses over her so much.