Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #21

Re: Malaika's sister is coming to live with us

That's a very hard call Shelley, but I'm sure that you have decided against for all the right reasons. You will probably feel better after you've got over your disappointment.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #22

Sorry it didn't work out, but you have probably made the right decision: you know your dog and what's best for her. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #23

Sometimes its hard to allow your heart to follow your head. Maybe for the best to let Malika settle into adulthood before bringing in another dog. I am now of tghe school of thought (I am the only member) that some breeds of dog like my own SBT are better with being either a single dog or a 3-4 year at least gap between them. I am going with the single dog route......2 dogs even well behaved ones can be quite a handful. And a dog in the household like any pet should be a joy.

I am sure you ahve made the right choice for all of you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
04-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #24

I am sorry. It is dissapointing I'm sure but if you made that decision then I'm sure it's for the best. I know you had your hopes up. Although if something falls through it is because a better match may be waiting in the wings somewhere (or still not been born yet!). That's the beauty of it, there will be another dog at some point and maybe that's why you could not get her. What's meant to be will be....