Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
30-11-2010, 01:47 AM   #1

Should I be concerned?

Yesterday Amber sneezed and coughed, [just the once] never thought anything of it but this morning she was sitting at the end of the bed and started to cough. It was not a throat cough, it seemed to come from deeper if that makes sense. She did it a few times then stopped and has been her usual "chase Tim round the house" since with no more coughing. Eating and drinking normally.

She is up to date with all her shots, worming and so on and Tim does not cough, guess I am being a bit anxious - what do you all think?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-11-2010, 02:50 AM   #2

Re: Should I be concerned?

Hard to tell, Velvet; if she seems otherwise fine, and as you say eating and drinking normally and playful, I'd probably not worry too much; although I know you'll keep an eye on her and give the vet a call if the sneezing/coughing recurs. They do worry us; hope it's just a one-off thing. Let us know.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #3

I know you'll be keeping a close eye on her in case the cough develops further. It's a real worry when they can't tell us if they are feeling under the weather but as dandysmom says, if Amber is otherwise acting normally and eating and drinking OK then I do hope there is nothing to worry about.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
30-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #4

Shess been fine today no sneezes or cough so maybe it was just an allergy. Shes now taking flying leaps across the room & landing on top of Tim, who enjoys this very rough play!!

Ive a vet appt tomorrow for Katie so see how it goes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #5

Hopefully it was just a one off and wont happen again.