Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
07-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #1

Horrible situation

*Saw vet on Thurs who confirmed my niggling fears, Amber is in season. Vet on palpation didnt find any evidence of pregnancy although she said if very early she wouldn't anyway. *We have Amber booked for her spay on Monday, Think shes maybe older than the rescue *thought, or, maybe shes come into season early.

Things are pretty hectic as i cant leave Amber & Tim together. He doesnt know he is neutered & she spends all her time flirting & calling him, shes not a happy kitty at all. Monday cant come soon enough.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #2

Re: Horrible situation

Poor you, poor Amber. Hope the spay goes well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #3

Poor thing but atleast you are doing the responsible thing and having her spayed. Hope it all goes well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #4

My Misty came into heat at about 5 months, and the calling and flirting was unbelievable; my poor neutered boy had no idea what it was all about. She'll be a happier and healthier cat after the op; hope all goes well.

Catsey Veteran

07-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Poor thing but atleast you are doing the responsible thing and having her spayed. Hope it all goes well.
How could you do otherwise......

Im not altogether pleased about getting a kitten that came into season a few weeks after being homed, nor am I happy that when I voiced my concerns to the rescue last weekend I was more or less told I was talking nonsense & she was too young. If I had heeded that advice (which I did for about 3 hours) & not kept an eagle eye on the situation, things could have been very different as Amber is frantic to get outside. Nights are worse but I have got the big dog crate in use. Bed, litter tray & toys for Amber to give her some peace &
keep her safe.

The dogs are at sixes & sevens, cant understand why their "babies" are crying & out of sorts. To help them I got my nephew & his friend to take the dogs out - great excitment

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #6

I can understand you being cross with the rescue.

Thank goodness Amber came to you and not someone who may not have understood what was going on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
How could you do otherwise......

Im not altogether pleased about getting a kitten that came into season a few weeks after being homed, nor am I happy that when I voiced my concerns to the rescue last weekend I was more or less told I was talking nonsense & she was too young. If I had heeded that advice (which I did for about 3 hours) & not kept an eagle eye on the situation, things could have been very different as Amber is frantic to get outside. Nights are worse but I have got the big dog crate in use. Bed, litter tray & toys for Amber to give her some peace &
keep her safe.

The dogs are at sixes & sevens, cant understand why their "babies" are crying & out of sorts. To help them I got my nephew & his friend to take the dogs out - great excitment

You only have to search some the older threads on here to see that there are those who do not do the responsible thing sadly.

You obviously have her best interests at heart and I wish you both well, I understand your upset but like I said atleast you are being responsible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
07-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #8

At least you have found out before she managed to get out!! well done on getting her speyed - I hope it all goes well.

Catsey Veteran

07-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
You only have to search some the older threads on here to see that there are those who do not do the responsible thing sadly.

You obviously have her best interests at heart and I wish you both well, I understand your upset but like I said atleast you are being responsible.
I cant imagine anyone who is an animal lover not finding the idea of a kitten having kittens abhorrent. Besides which this little girl is so miserable, she just does not understand whats going on - raging hormones making her act abnormally & her still very much a baby.

Having said that being involved with rescue I have seen
puppies caught in their first season having litters. It is so distressing & heartbreaking....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #10

You're preaching to the choir, Velvet! Would that everyone was as sensible and caring as you!! Most of us have very strong feelings about indiscriminate breeding and not having cats spayed/neutered/