Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
13-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #1

Little scabs on face?

Oli, my four year old cat has had three little scabs appear on his face. They are around the eyebrow area. They are small, about 4mm in diameter.

He hasn't got fleas and we don't have any in the house, so I am sure it is not a flea bite.

What could it be? He doesn't like me touching them. However, I have managed to put a bit of Savlon on them.

I will take him to the vets if it gets worse or he shows signs of pain. However, I am cautious about going to the vets as I have had a poorly rabbit and have been there atleast twice (and up to 6 times!) a week for the last month! I think the vets will think I am going mad and just like going to visit!!

Thanks

Tanya.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #2

Re: Little scabs on face?

Any chance he has been bitten by something else?

Anything irritated him and caused him to scratch the area.

Almost a Veteran Member

13-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #3

He is an indoor cat, so I don't think that he could have been bitten by anything else! We do have a puppy, but he never usually gets near Oli coz he knows he will have a cat slap. (and we thought if the dog had bit him the marks would be different - if that makes sense! )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #4

I'd keep an eye on them, bathe in mild saline solution and all being well they'll heal up. Pup could be the culprit!

Almost a Veteran Member

13-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #5

Thank you.

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #6

hmmm Tanya, mine are often covered in little scratches and scabs, particularly around the face/nose etc... the verdict? Brother going for sister, or visa versa. If your cat is indoor, I don't mean to point fingers.. but suspect the pooch! Even if not meant it... maybe cat went for him and he snapped at the cat or something?

Saying that, I have also seen my cats run into furniture before (in their mad half hour dash around the house every so often), and rub their heads against cardboard boxes and all sorts, so could just be small paper cuts or something, or small splinters from some wooden furniture?

Because my Sam was getting into a lot of fights at one point, and we were back and forwards to the vet a lot with abcesses, they eventually just gave us a bottle of hibbiscub... fantastic stuff. Now, everytime Sam or his sister has a mishap.. we just dilute it in water and dab it on with cotton wool - they moan and growl like anything as it must really sting, but it prevents any infections. Maybe ask the vet if you can get some??