Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #61

Re: Life on Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Yay!
Thanks Yola!
(did you notice (in another thread) that there is a mini-series (?3 programmes) of Lewis due in February too? - we'll all be square eyed! )
No, I didn't know about Lewis - funnily enough me and OH were just talking about that last night. I shall definitely be watching it, as I thought the pilot show was very promising. Unless of course it's scheduled against LOM . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #62

John Simm & Philip Glenister on radio5 at 2pm today if you are interested.
The previews I've read tend to suggest that we should just sit back and enjoy the seventies, rather than expect revelations about his health and how he is going to get back to 2007. OK

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #63

Correction
Only Philip Glenister - Simms' wife has just calved down, so he is excused!

Catsey Veteran

14-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #64

Did you see it?
Episode one was very dark - and very good.
Episode two was on BBC4 straight after, so we watched that as well. It was very much more a classic cop show, Sam's demons hardly figured at all, but it was very good nonetheless, and I'm glad it wasn't as dark and threatening as the first.
Pleased for Annie getting to CID and intrigued by Sam and Anie nearly getting it on (but what about his emperiled partner from the very first programme?)

Catsey Veteran

14-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #65

Yes, I watched both too I was a bit baffled by the 1st episode but that's just coz my brain's not working at full capacity and also I missed the 1st ten minutes.

Episode 2 was excellent . . . but I really think I have short term memory loss as I can't remember it too clearly. Something to do with having to wake up 3 times between 11pm and 6am during the night I suspect

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2007, 08:13 PM   #66

Don't miss it tomorrow Yola. The plot involves attendance at a 'swingers' party' . Sam & Annie go as a couple and I think it's Gene and a.n.other who attend as a pair called Tony and Cherie Blair!
Sounds fun!

Catsey Veteran

21-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #67

What did you think of last night's episode Yola? I thought it was great. Loved the Camberwick Green take-off at the start
Annie's clothes are sooooo evocative. I had a tightly fitted waistcoat with wide revers, floral blouse with extra full sleeves and flyaway collar and wide wide trousers. And a belted raincoat like she was wearing with wide revers, tight belt and double stitching. Mine was a dull pale blue rather than the pale rust she was wearing.
Ah .......

Edit: here's a theory as to "what the heck is going on?" I found on another forum. I like it! Don't think it will spoil anything, but I'll do it faint/little in case you don't want to see
Sam is faced with a choice at the end of the series - he is offered the chance to wake up in 2007 and sever the link to 1973, or allow himself to die in 2007 and continue to live with Annie in the past.

He decides that he will stay in 1973 and is actually an old man driving the car that hits him in 2006. He has to 'hit' himself to ensure his transportation to the past and ensure he meets Annie.

Catsey Veteran

22-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #68

Just for Yola!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixsc9POvY7E

Catsey Veteran

22-03-2007, 01:34 PM   #69

Hilary - we saw the Camberwick Green bit at the beginning . . . I had to check that Dominik's DVD wasn't still playing But when we realised what it was we were both on the floor in stitches . . . again, poor Luise who watched it with us was completely baffled

I too was thinking only yesterday how especially authentic Annie looks . . . although I was only 8 at the time, I do remember seeing lots of girls dressed like that and wanting to look like that too!

And the ending?? I did read your small text and it would indeed by an interesting theory . . . and would bring a logical conclusion to the way the plot is developing . . . he's not fighting 1973 so hard now is he?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
22-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #70

i love the prog, it brings back memories of the clothing and the music, i was a young lass then