Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-02-2006, 06:18 PM   #41

Re: Life on Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
How about DCI Hunt being knocked out in a bar brawl and going forward to 2006?!
Wicked, that IS an interesting twist!!! My slower and duller train of thought was more like someone experiencing a similar time travel episode but say to another decade. But then we're getting a bit close to the last series of Dr Who I suppose (WWII, Dickens' London etc).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #42

I thought last nights episode was really good. I've enjoyed all the episodes, but some have been better than others. I just have a horrible feeling that there won't be a conclusion as such next week......

I think it would be great if Gene went to 2006 - what a culture shock that would be for him!!

Catsey Junior

21-02-2006, 10:57 PM   #43

Been watching it too, think its good. Don't often watch tv but this has kept us watching.

What a good idea about Gene going to 2006! what a shock!!!! Been wondering how they'll finish it next week, but it could just be a horrible anti climax

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-02-2006, 10:47 AM   #44

We're all do apprehensive about the 'denoument' (?sp).
It's been nailed on that he is in a deep deep coma...................so I guess he will wake up???????
Will we go back to the wierdo kidnap/killings and to Sam's love interest (?Maya) as she is in peril. If he's been in a coma for ages (which he would have if they are contemplating switching life-support off?) what has happened to her?
Not long to wait...............

Catsey Veteran

27-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #45

Fire will be stoked, phone off the hook, bar of chocie maybe, and I'm sooooooo looking forward to the end (Please, please, please make it good!)

Last time I enjoyed TV so much was Staet of Play (remember, political thriller?). I was so disappointed with the end of that. The character the writer/actor had shown us just would not have done that........so the whole thing fell down. IMO anyway.

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #46

You know that feeling when there's been a fascinating looking present under the tree at Christmas and you can't even start to think what might be in it and you think and wonder and puzzle and decide it must be something really special and out of the ordinary and Christmas comes and you save it till last and you peel off the ribbon and paper and you take your time to just make the moment last and then finally you take off the last layer of wrapping and it's a box of chocolates. Perfectly nice box of chocolates, nothing to go yuk about and in normal circumstances you'd be delighted...............but you had expected so much more.

I enjoyed all the body of last night's episode, kept glancing at the clock, thinking, wow - they're keeping the finale till the very very end. And it never came What a cop out (no pun intended). The 'coma' was just a device to put on a 70s cop show. The 'coma' was just a device to facilitate the series, in a 'Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased)' (remember that? - awful) sort of way.

TV - who'd bother? That's me back to my sport and movies, with occasional forays into It's Me Or The Dog

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2006, 11:42 AM   #47

I loved the eposide per se, usual sparkling, witty dialogue and twists throughout, gave me serious goosebumps when he found himself speaking to himself as a little boy However I was completely uncertain at to what the end meant; is Sam mad and halucinating the future; is he actually dead and there is no hope of him returning; what was the purpose of the hospital sounds if he is not actually in a coma . . . sorry but I'm now totally confused with this plot

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #48

.........exactly Yola.
The 'racing commentary' .........."and Sam is definitely improving, Sam is making good progress" made me excited - yes, I know things are getting better, how is he going to get back to 2006?
Why was Annie wearing a red dress and why was his dad attacking her?
How many more times will people train guns on other people and nothing happen?
Then, Hunt and the others at the end "Don't be such a Jessie" "You've got to stay"...................................wha? why?

Most unsatisfactory. I don't think I'll watch another series
It did a 'State of Play' on me. Boo!

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #49

but I loved this exchange

Gene "I think you've forgotten who you're talking to"

Sam "An overweight, over the hill, nicotine stained, borderline alcoholic ... homophobe, with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding."

Gene "You make that sound like a bad thing"

Catsey Veteran

28-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
but I loved this exchange

Gene "I think you've forgotten who you're talking to"

Sam "An overweight, over the hill, nicotine stained, borderline alcoholic ... homophobe, with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding."

Gene "You make that sound like a bad thing"

DM - were you taking notes???? That is transcribed verbatim from the show!! And yes - that is exactly the dialogue that I was thinking of when I made the comment about sparky repartee. I don't often laugh out loud at anything on the TV but did very much at that!!!

I think I will watch the next series despite feeling let down by the ending of this series - the characters developed so well throughout that I'm quite interested to see which direction they take.

As for the PC in the red dress - apart from the fact he 'foresaw' what was going to happen because he'd seen it as a child; I think there will be some link between his father and 2006 which will only manifest towards the end of the next series.