Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
06-02-2006, 09:23 PM   #31

Re: Life on Mars

I have set the video, so even if I do start snoring on the sofa, I will see it tomorrow!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #32

Oh it was disappointing!

Guess it's almost inevitable there will be some weaker episodes.
Looking forward to next week though, after the trail where he hears his Mum's voice telling him she's decided he should be switched off..................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #33

Yes - this one was weaker than the others - still, the characters are bonding nicely. Sam's Mother's voice on the phone at the end of the eposide made shivers run up my spine . . . and I've just realised - I won't see it!!! I will be in Austria . . . drat and double-drat

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
07-02-2006, 02:38 PM   #34

I started watching it last night but fell asleep half way through it. I never got to find out who done it

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Yes - this one was weaker than the others - still, the characters are bonding nicely. Sam's Mother's voice on the phone at the end of the eposide made shivers run up my spine . . . and I've just realised - I won't see it!!! I will be in Austria . . . drat and double-drat
Set the video/recordable DVD/TV+ Yola!

Here's the preview

"Sam's two worlds appear to collide, when he hears what seems to be news of his impending death in 2006 - at the same time a man is threatening to kill a group of hostages in 1973.

Sam employs his 2006 methods of dealing with a hostage situation.
Gene on the other hand, has his own style of approach – he wants to go in with all guns blazing.

As the clock ticks down, Sam faces a battle against time to ensure no one, from himself to the hostage taker, dies that day..."

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #36

DM - I don't want to leave the TV switched on . . . I think it has to be on standby to record. I was planning to turn all electrical off at the mains apart from one radio which I'll leave on for the cats. I don't want to take any chances with either the house or my 3 lil furries lives' and would rather eradicate all risk of fire by switching everything off!!!

Catsey Veteran

14-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #37

Disappointing again last night. I have the feeling this is a four part series stretched to fill the available TV slots.

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #38

Thought it was back to its previous high standard last night.
Final episode next week

Am a little dismayed to hear of a second series being commisioned.............but I think that decision was made recently, so just hope there is a good ending next week. Watch this space.

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #39

It was remarkably good wasn't it??? Although I think I was still tired and can't quite remember the detail, just the gist. The bit at the curry house gave me goosebumps . . . Am very much looking forward to next week's episode to see how they round things off.

I'm surprised to hear of a 2nd series too. It would be nice if it could follow a similar theme but with different characters and a different era; essentially just use the framework of the 'concept' and take it in a new direction.

We'll see . . . .

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I'm surprised to hear of a 2nd series too. It would be nice if it could follow a similar theme but with different characters and a different era; essentially just use the framework of the 'concept' and take it in a new direction..
How about DCI Hunt being knocked out in a bar brawl and going forward to 2006?!