Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #111

Re: Life on Mars

I've heard that the first ever LoM is being shown on BBC4 on Monday 25 June (at 10pm I think). Whether this means that the whole 2 series are being repeated starting then, I don't know, sorry . However, I'll look forward to seeing it again, with the benefit of hindsight. It will be interesting to 'spot the clues', look out for things I missed first time round etc

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
15-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #112

Thanks for that DM, I'll be watching too, put it on my calendar (how sad is that?!)

Catsey Veteran

20-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #113

Next Monday's broadcast is the start of the repeat of the whole first series. If you need a John Simm fix in the meantime here's a clip from last weeks Dr Who http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPLogtTDEdo . I haven't watched any of the 'new' Dr Who - gave up with Sylveste Thing waaaay back.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #114

Ken's daughter bought him (us) Series 1 of LoM for Father's Day . . . haven't had a chance to watch it yet but most certainly will be doing so soon

DM - the Christoper Eccleston Dr Who was some of the best TV I've ever seen. David Tenant's good, very good, but doesn't have that Jekyll/Hide potential mallevolence that C.E. had.

Catsey Veteran

20-06-2007, 10:17 PM   #115

I am an avid Dr Who fan, it is brilliant! I thought John Simm was excellent as The Master, very menacing. He really is an excellent actor, can't think why we hadn't heard of him before LoM.

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #116

Well - I watched Dr Who on Saturday, and although I haven't a clue about the storyline I thought Mr Simm was wonderful in his part. Looks like he enjoyed playing it too
Happy Not happy Happy Not happy

Also rewatched the first ever LoM. With the benefit of the remainder of the episodes I thought it was very good - much better than when I first saw it, when I was much more intrigued by how Sam would recover. There was a good police story with Kramer/Raimes and so many images from the final episode. Especially "Stay" " 'ere" .......... aaaahhhh

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #117

I didn't see Dr Who . . . so Mr Simm was playing the Master? Those are big boots to fill! Glad he did it well. We watched the 1st episode on DVD over the weekend and it was just superb - best TV in ages

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #118

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N4jNOyw6O0
There you go Yola - I think he enjoyed himself, don't you?

and here's the happy not happy clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMew38zTXHQ&NR=1
So OTT - they must have had a blast!

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #119

John Simm was fabulous as The Master - so OTT, but excellent! Loved the happy, not happy face - brilliant!

I saw the first LoM episode too, as you say DM, better 2nd time round.

Catsey Veteran

27-06-2007, 01:03 PM   #120

Thank you for those links - that looks like superb fun . . . there is a good deal of likeness between David Tenant and John Simm; they don't exactly look alike but there is some kind of similarity, don't you think??

I love the 1st clip where he's cantering around in the Tardis like a maniac - and they get paid for that LOL