Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #1

My little garden (sort of)

Not to be left out after all the wonderful posts about peoples gardens, I thought I'd show you a little bit of mine. This garden is a work in progress, and we have only managed to start on it this summer as it took the first 6 months of living here to have it cleared out and re-grassed. When we first moved here, it was overgrown, had bits of furniture and broken kids toys, pieces of cars, knives, wood, oil and anything else you could think of all over the place. My OH dug out the little flower bed for me as it is nice and easy for me to get to and not have to bend over too much. The reason around the playhoue is all messy is that OH put down the slabs last night and put the playhouse back on it in the dark! But considering what it was like, it is coming along nicely. Unfortunatley all my lovely dahlias have now been dug up for the winter so there isn't much colour now, but I will post pics now and again to show you any progress we make. Any suggestions on some nice shrubs to plant will be welcomed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-11-2006, 01:48 PM   #2

Re: My little garden (sort of)

Alex - that really already looks ever so nice! You have lots of 'interest' going on there with different materials, heights and foliage.

I likie very much and look forward to seeing how it develops

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-11-2006, 08:21 PM   #3

Thats lovely. Really nice, are you planning on leaving the shrubs there forever - if so may I suggest a Sundance,bright yellow leaves with white flowers in Spring and a lovely scent when brushed against They appear to grow in the majority of soils and conditions.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #4

Looking very nice! As to shrubs, I'm personally fond of azaleas, nandina is lovely all Winter with red berries, and Winter jasmine is covered with yellow blooms very early in the Spring, earlier (and I think more graceful) than forsythia. The latter two aren;t that fussy about soil; azaleas like it acidic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #5

Yes I want permanent shrubs for the corners of my garden and along the edges of my path. I like the sounds of yours and Kazz's suggestions DM so I will have a look the next time I go up to my garden store. Thank you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
05-11-2006, 07:08 AM   #6

What a great little garden. I love your garden ornaments but OH doesn't like ornaments in the garden but he's been talked, or should that be nagged, by Louise into letting her have a wheelbarrow shaped planter in the Spring.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
05-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #7

It looks lovely already x