Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #1

Bliss' angry mood

Well, things are not great here this morning. Last night Bliss attacked Ria whilst she was sitting on my lap (bare legs) unfortunately my legs took the brunt of the attack and are a real mess this morning. This morning Bliss staged a really awful attack on Ria, Ria now has a nasty scratch down her face and is somewhat subdued. Bliss hasn't stopped with Ria but decided to put her newly found bullying techniques in Cloony's direction. Clooney is the sweetest, softest cat ever and has never hurt anyone but seemingly he had had enough this morning and put Bliss in her place and now Bliss has a nasty skin flap wound inside her ear (not sure how that will heal with regards to her show career ) So both Ria and Bliss are having their war wounds bathed with diluted bicarb and Clooney has taken himself off out of the way of all the female hromones running rife in our house right now

Looks like I'm internet shopping for a Feliway plug in this morning. Any advice from anyone that keeps a few entire females together would be greatly appreciated. What would anyone think about me trying the water spray techinque with Bliss when she is staging these attacks? If I can't sort this out then I am going to have to re-think the situation here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
15-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #2

Re: Bliss' angry mood

Oh dear Fran! Not so good is it? Obviously I can't offer you any advice, but sending lots of sympathy your way! ((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
15-03-2007, 10:40 AM   #3

Can't offer any help-although i know Het had similar problems when she first got Jazz [lilac point siamese] and she had a particular 'thing' for er big seal point girly Cleo, so she'd be your lady to ask about getting the meezers to 'settle' with each other
Sorry can't be of more help!

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2007, 10:44 AM   #4

Thanks Luke, I'll send Het a pm later on

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2007, 10:47 AM   #5

The problem is Bliss, all the others and Ria get along fine but Bliss seems to have this great big chip on her shoulders lately

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
15-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #6

It does seem strange to be so 'out of charcter', maybe something's making her feel anxious or something

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
It does seem strange to be so 'out of charcter', maybe something's making her feel anxious or something
It's not out of character really (remember how she was when Mildred came) she often tries to throw her weight around but it's just been particularly nasty these last few days, I think she has seen the weak link in Ria's temperament, The others will stand up to her and she backs down but because Ria is scarred and Bliss wins, she is trying this new super confidence on the others too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #8

Oh Fran - too many hormones????
Haven't a clue what to do (hope others will) but hope the rest of the day is peaceful and the Feliway works.
(You don't think Ria is pregnant and therefore 'different therefore attack-worthy' do you?)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-03-2007, 11:47 AM   #9

Oh Fran - what a horrible situation. So sorry you got caught in the middle of that It must be very concerning when your cats are warring like that. Hopefully the Feliway might settle things down a bit.

I can't offer any advice as I have never had any kitty conflict before, but I wish you all the best in sorting it out.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #10

Could Bliss have possibly been jealous of Ria when she saw her sitting on your lap last night, Fran? There again she had a go at Clooney too for some reason

I hope you can find a way of restoring harmony amongst them soon, it must be so worrying for you