Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
27-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #1

Quincey!

A few weeks back, I mentioned on a thread that my mums liliac point siamese 'Apollo' was pts due a blood clot related to his having dilated cardiomyopathy at the young age of 9 in May of this year. Mum was left devastated! But a couple of months later, she really missed having a cat around the house. So, this time instead of getting a pedigree cat (health problems and too many cats in rescue already), wanted a rescue kitten. The CP turned her down flat over the phone without doing a home check because my mum would have a kitten as an indoor cat (yes we all HATE this daft policy).
Anyway, to cut a long story short I trawled the internet for a kitten for my mum (I know this is a bad thing to do, encouraging back street moggy breeding)... But we did try the proper route first, and mum had set her heart on a kitten.
Hey, Presto and here is Quincey! The people who we bought him from had allowed their children to cut his whiskers off on one side, and covered him in paint! Poor thing!
Below are some lovely pics of him, he really does look like a Gremlin!!!!! He is now 14 weeks...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
27-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #2

Re: Quincey!

how cute. Love the name. He looks a bit like my maisey. At least he is in a loving home now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #3

What a dreadful thing to do to a cat!!!! Thank heavens he's with your mum in a loving home. And magnificent whiskers!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #4

What a cutie, so pleased he is with your mum, and is now in a loving home.........
Sometimes I hate people!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #5

I think CP really need to re-think their policies as it's ridiculous of them to say how over stretched they are and on the same breath not rehome a kitten because it would be an indoor cat.
Rant over.

Quincy is absolutely gorgeous. Such a shame what the kids did to him, I sincerely hope they were beaten to an inch of their lives

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
27-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
What a dreadful thing to do to a cat!!!! Thank heavens he's with your mum in a loving home. And magnificent whiskers!
I went with my mum to see him, flea comb and glasses in hand lol...
The 'back street breeders' thought it was funny, when I asked why his whiskers were cut on one side, GLOSS paint down one side of him AND chewing gum stuck to an ear!!!! They thought it hilarious the kids had did that saying the kids 'love to play with the kittens'. ps. house was filthy.
Anyway, I checked thoroughly (in front of breeders lol) for fleas and earmites, but he had none . And very healthy!
But we took him straight to vets before taking him home!
He is soooo fearless and easy to handle, with all that man handling he got from that family, which is a good thing I suppose. Brave wee man! He settled straight away at my mums!
And Elaine, I am with you on the CP front. CRAZY!
My mum and dad live in a big bunglow, with it own private grounds in a quiet village. And they would let the kitten out on harness in the garden if he wanted. High fences and completely cat proof! But turned down flat by senseless up their own bottoms CP, without even a home check!
But as my mum said, it was fate for us to rescue this wee fellow, cause maybe nobody else would have bought him the state he was in. And then what
The twinkle is back in my mums eyes, that she lost in May after Apollo was pts

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
27-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #7

What could be nicer? Happy Mum and (now) a happy cat too!

That's one beautiful face and the facial hair will grow again, love the ear tufts. What mean kids though! So glad he's out of there!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I think CP really need to re-think their policies as it's ridiculous of them to say how over stretched they are and on the same breath not rehome a kitten because it would be an indoor cat.
Rant over.

Quincy is absolutely gorgeous. Such a shame what the kids did to him, I sincerely hope they were beaten to an inch of their lives
If I am ever faced with that in the future here, I will outright lie and say the cat/kitten will have outdoor access. Utterly absurd policy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #9

He's a lucky cat and is going to be a handsome one, I think.

I agree wholeheartedly with the comments about CP and indoor cats

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #10

What a darling! And a lucky little chap. So very glad he has a nice kind new home. Really happy for your mum.

How did they get the gloss paint off????