Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #1

The moth!

Oh joy - we had a visitation from a moth last night. Not a big one, or a spectacular one but it kept my boys amused for a good while.
I came out of the bathroom to find Chester standing on his hind legs with both front paws clamped firmly onto the bed. Then, just like the lovely Simon's Cat cartoon I posted recently, he peeled back one paw, whilst peering in to see if his prey was still there. Couldn't see it, so he did it again. Off flew the moth, into the window. He contemplated jumping after it and I contemplated gathering in everything breakable. Then Bentley came up and spotted the moth too. Both boys just sat there, gazing at their quarry, like peas in a pod, till we turned the light off!
Wonder if Mr Moth will still be there tonight? More sport!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
17-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #2

Re: The moth!

LOL I would be surprised if Mr Moth was still there tonight.
Your description of Chester peeping under his paw to see if it was still there mad me laugh as that is just what Maxi and Maisy do with any butterflies they might happen to jump on in the garden.
They do look so comical when they do that don`t they?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #3

We had a big furry moth in the bedroom last night and I THINK Kizzy got it. Didn't see her do it - OH had been trying to save it, but it didn't co-operate. I like moths and would rather we could have got it out again, but Kizzy is so quick.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #4

I love a funny story like that! Misty used to do that paw-lifting thing with her flies too!