Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
31-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #1

Cats Protection.... :-(

Ive just come back from my local CP and omg I saw the most amazing kitten ever. When we asked about her they said do we live on a main road? I said yeah, but we've already got a cat who 5 months and he's gonna be an indoor cat. Then they said they dont allow kittens to become an indoor cat!!!

Thought that was the best way to start them off as being a kitten rather than an adult cat and tryin to get it to stayin indoors.

I was fuming n still am.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #2

Re: Cats Protection.... :-(

*sigh*
I sometimes think these animal charities (particularly cats) are their own worst enemies.
They do such fantastic work and then let themselves (and their charges) down by setting hard and fast rules which often prevent wonderful potential adopters taking a cat/kitten.
So, say someone (not our Janey) has a feeling that they want a cat/can offer a home. They go and view and fall for a puss. Then they're told no, for a reason like she was. What do they do? Well, one of 3 things I suppose.
1, Don't get a cat. A perfectly fine home, unused, and another cat waiting in the shelter
2.. Go to another charity with more flexible rules.
3. Look in the local free paper and buy a kitten, thus perpetuating unregulated breeding.
Daft.

PS - so this CP branch says indoor cats are a no-no? How odd. I think it's a really difficult decision but in some locations it's the only decision

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
31-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #3

Find that ridiculous, I would not allow a kitten to go to home where it would be let out...Not surprised you are angry I would be too!!Amazing how branches differ.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
31-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #4

aarrgghhh! Makes me mad!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #5

I honestly dont know how some branches of CP branches manage to rehome at all with some of their ridiculous rules. Surely each case should be judged on it's merit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #6

Are you sure ts a rule and not someone's whim? I sometimes despair.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #7

That's absurd and maddening! They'd rather rehome a kitten to a house by a busy road and have it be the victim of a RTA??? The mind boggles .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
31-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #8

I am lost for words, it is just a ridiculous attitude to take
In fact it makes me MAD

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
31-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #9

Can only echo all above.

I thought CP was a sort of national body and all rules would be the same all over.

Does make you very angry tho' good home perhaps missed due to individual rules.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
01-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #10

Thanks all for your replies.

I'm still thinking about her, she's gorgeous, her name is Ceskey (Sess-key). She was the last thing I thought of last night and the first thing in the morning.

Ive spoke to my mum and said could she live here for a bit and let them do the assessment on my parents house (which I'm still living in!) then in a few weeks take her to my bf's house (or she might live her with me, hehe.) My mum said yeah but my dad says I don't want to be involved pffft! Men (some men rather lol!)

Anyway if I go back to the CP I'm sure they'll recognise me. Would they still let me have her if I said I'm having her and not my bf? My parents live on a nice estate with some woods at the bottom of our road.
Main roads are just as dangerous as any road really, Tigger got knocked down on my estate.

I cant really go to the CP today with my mum as its my parents wedding anniversary today. I so want to go back tomorrow (I'll have to dress totally different for them not to recognise me lol). My mum will totally fall for her just as I have.