Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
22-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #1

New garden

Just thought it would be nice to have a thread on the progress of the garden at my new house. It's only tiny but still, will be nice. Here are a few pics of it taken today:

One of the walkway out the back:

And one of the front which is just stones atm but watch this space!

Will get a better one of the front tomorrow.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #2

Re: New garden

It will be nice to follow your plans for your garden, Random ........good luck with it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #3

That looks like a lovely space to play with Random. Have you got any definite plans for it yet? Love to hear about them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #4

You have a lovely blank page there Random, Just a nice size too..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #5

Totaly agree a blank canvas....have a loo at what other people grow "your neighbours" it will give you a good idea what grows well...save you a fir bit of trial and error.

What are your plans for it??? have you got a plan?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #6

Oh what a lovely garden to play with...lots and lots of possibility! Do you have any particular idea of what you'd like it to look like, favorite plants, etc? It'll be fun to watch as it develops..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
23-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #7

Thanks everyone. Well my neighbours grow nothing but dandelions either side, the house is a semi but the gardens are joined if you know what I mean, the street is a row of semis.

I've not got too many plans yet as i've not really had a chance to think about it 'til now. I have took out a lot of plants out already, it was over run with those geranium things what you can see in the pic of the front. I have planted some border flowers, just marigolds, azaleas and things for the summer.

I want to take up the paving slab path and put stepping stones down, and I want to put some climbers at the back. The only plan I really have at the moment it to put some trellis on the outhouse wall (pic 5) for passion flowers. Sort out the lawn, put proper 6ft fencing up at the sides, cat proofed, and also in pic 5, I want to fence that bit off with a nice wee fence, about 3-4ft, for the dogs loo area.

Oh and did I say sort out that lawn?

Any ideas are welcome.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
Thanks everyone. Well my neighbours grow nothing but dandelions either side, the house is a semi but the gardens are joined if you know what I mean, the street is a row of semis.

I've not got too many plans yet as i've not really had a chance to think about it 'til now. I have took out a lot of plants out already, it was over run with those geranium things what you can see in the pic of the front. I have planted some border flowers, just marigolds, azaleas and things for the summer.

I want to take up the paving slab path and put stepping stones down, and I want to put some climbers at the back. The only plan I really have at the moment it to put some trellis on the outhouse wall (pic 5) for passion flowers. Sort out the lawn, put proper 6ft fencing up at the sides, cat proofed, and also in pic 5, I want to fence that bit off with a nice wee fence, about 3-4ft, for the dogs loo area.

Oh and did I say sort out that lawn?

Any ideas are welcome.
Climbing roses? There are hundreds to choose from: New Dawn is an oldie but goodie; very hardy. Climbing fuchsia Lady Boothby? I have just gotten one and it seems a lovely plant. Annual climbers for quick color this season: morning glories and moonvine. The latter is very nice if you'll be sitting out there in the evening, it's fragrant. Honeysuckle vine is fragrant too, but can get very invasive ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
23-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #9

I am not very green fingered, so the others will help with suggestions looking good at the mo though x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-05-2008, 04:48 PM   #10

Have sent you a PM Random.