Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
10-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #1

Insurance for cats?

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company for 2 kittens.

I will admit I'm not so good with that type of thing, don't know how much they should be insured for a year or anything!
It seems like a minefield!

Thanks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #2

Re: Insurance for cats?

Hi, Hevvur! I can't recommend a specific company as I'm in the States and my cat's insurance is here. I wouldn't be without it; never had to make a claim. but the peace of mind is worth the fee, Here's a link to a prior thread here discussing pet insurance that you might find helpful:

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php...=pet+insurance

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
10-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #3

i have juts recently insured my 2 monsters with sainsburys, got a good price for both of them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
10-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #4

Our dogs are with Sainsburys

The cats are on life policies with Petplan. Better start off with the life policies, means the insurance has to cover year after year. With annual policy once you reach your limit, your pet is excluded from claims for that condition & anything related to it forever

Petplan give discount for more thsn one pet ( to be fair most do this) & for our 3 it works out around £28 a month for the total for 3. I think its well worth having as you never know when something will happen or go wrong

Hope that helps

We need lots of photos of your two babies!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
10-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #5

Thanks people
We only got them on Saturday, and they are 5-6 weeks old (person who 'bred' them didn't want them, and lied about their age).
Will start a new thread and tell you about them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #6

Hi Hevvur - as you'll find on the other thread (dandysmom posted the link) my two cats are with PetPlan. My boy Pip had a urinary blockage at Easter this year and although initially I had a bit of trouble as PetPlan said they hadn't received the paperwork from my vet, they did pay out for him. As Velvet says, a life policy is important - Pip is only just 2 years old and I'd be worried if an insurance company put an exclusion on if he had other urinary problems.

Good luck with your two little bundles of delight! Photos please ............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #7

Hello Hevvur.

I'm with Petplan too. Yes, it's expensive but it's paid for itself over the years I've had Posh, I'm sure there are cheaper premiums around but I'll stick with it for now because I've never had any hassle with getting my money back etc.

Good luck with finding the right one for you x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
11-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #8

My two are with Petplan, the vet said that's the only one they deal with directly. Phew! That's saved me a lot of hassle paying for the treatment and then having to claim it back.