Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #1

Advocate spot on - any observations of reactions?

This thread is a result of Pip not being himself since Sunday. He had his spot on late Saturday evening and I am putting this down to the Advocate. He is due his yearly check up this month and I will mention it to the vet. Not a reaction as such but he did seem "mopey" and was definitely not his usual self. I'd rather he had not quite as strong chemicals on him - and perhaps go back to the separate wormer if he's not coping with that particular medication. Kizzy does not seem to have a problem with it and she has been acting normally, although I may have spotted a hypersensitivity the morning after but it passed quickly.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed any adverse consequences of Advocate.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
09-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #2

Re: Advocate spot on - any observations of reactions?

I usually use frontline altho the vet we used to go to said it should be used every other month in place of frontline which we did dogwise + didnt have a reaction.

Did the vet weigh Pip? Maybe the dose was too strong?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
09-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #3

I dont have any problem with frontline but I did with Bob Martins. Denis used to have tremors like twitching it was horrible

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
10-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #4

my boys get profender spot on and as they are house cats they will be frontlined as an when. I haven't used it on lester as he's still a wee boy and I'm worried about the strong chemicals although it's all licensed etc

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: mix
10-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #5

my Gaia lost al her hair where I put the spot on (it was so bad that I feared the hair will not grow back)...Pikica was Ok with it tough...
But all my cats are OK with frontline (tho we shall see if this is also the case with out new kitty)