Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: LH domestic
cannon70 is Male
02-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #1

Diar-eze

Hello,

I tried this product, Diar-eze but unfortunately it didn't work in ending my cat's diarrhea. Mainly though, she wouldn't eat the food after one try if there was even a trace in it.
And my cat is very unfussy about here food.
It was advertised as 'tastey' by Allergicpet but my cat
did not agree on this, so the 29.00 was wasted on this.

To be honest I did better getting some Flagyl pills from the vet, at a fraction of the cost (unbeknownst to me before hand...thought I'd save money by persueing it myself).

So personally, found this to be an ineffective product...because if the cat won't touch the food, even with just a trace in it...what good is it. I did taste it, and it was chalky, with a gritty consistency. (made of psyllium husks, and other things) No satisfaction was guaranteed or offered by Allergicpet.com

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #2

Re: Diar-eze

I had good luck with this when Leia had a bout of diarrhea; as did one our members whose cat really really had problems; hope she'll come on to discuss her useage.
Sorry it was ineffective for you.

Cats owned: LH domestic
cannon70 is Male
02-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #3

I'm glad it worked for you, that's very good. For me it was disappointing that the vendor, allergicpet.com..would not stand behind it, as it's too pricey to have the cat turn her nose up at it and not want the food with even an amount well below the suggested 'dosage'..just a trace of it in the food. And again, this young cat would eat any food given her. It's great that your cat ate it, but I wouldn't have bothered with it at all if I'd known the cat may or may not eat it. Fortunately her problem is starting to clear up with the Flagyl I got from the vet...and it's a (partial) pill, and easy to administer. If I'd known it wasn't so tasty as advertised, it would have been on the last resort list.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #4

I wonder if the formulation is different in the States and UK? My Leia is generally a picky cat but ate the food with the sprinkling of Diar-eze with no problem. At the time my friend here was having problems with her cat Diar-eze wasn't available in the UK so I ordered it here and sent to her. This was about, oh, 5 to 6 years ago ... but my useage was just last year. Anyhow, hope the Flagyl works; lucky you able to pill a cat!

Edited: Oops, just now noticed you're in the States too! Please disregard all the UK references above; senior moment!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-08-2011, 03:37 PM   #5

I'm the member who also used diar-eze (thanks to DM) and while my cat wasn't particularly fond of it on her food, I also syringed her with some of it, and it was a great help to her. I'm sorry that it wasn't helpful in your case, but as all cats have different taste buds like humans, then perhaps it just wasn't for you