Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #1

Saturdays here !

Morning everyone,
just getting ready to go out to a Doll club meeting in Manchester. It's a realy nice get together with like minded people. There is to be a talk on 60's Disco dolls, some stalls with for sales, including mine and an afternoon tea.
Malaika is off to training with O/H, hope she's a good girl.
Hope all is well with peeps, will check in later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
31-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #2

Re: Saturdays here !

Hi Shelley - enjoy the doll meet, sounds just right mix of stalls, chats etc.

We have that constant smirry drizzle today - looks like fog! OH off to do the rounds then we are having a trip into Glasgow. Nice lunch and then John Lewis.

Hope you all have a good day and your weathe ris better than ours

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #3

It rained all night here - guess who had left washing on the line

Just waiting for a central heating engineer to come and give me a price for installing a couple of radiators and then off to pick up Sebi's milk from the pharmacy, cat biscuits for the critters and to water the allotment greenhouse and hopefully pick more fruit n veg

Not sure what we'll do this afternoon. It the weather's dry we might go on a little 'local history' walk around Coley (closeby to us here in central Reading), try to find the site of some old slums that used to be there plus an old lido!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #4

Morning all, all behind today Ceri was very reluctant to get out of bed so only now finished with his morning routine. I was also tired and had another 40 winks in the chair after 9 o'clock then set about my duties.

My dad is coming up later to stay with Ceri while I take mum to see my brother's stepson in his local am/dram production of Beauty and the Beast, he's playing Gaston (the villain) should be a laugh.

It's dry here today, no blue skies though just thick cloud and warmish. Not Summer weather at all

Have good days out all of you and Good Harvesting Yola

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #5

I've just finished my income tax!

Can you tell the relief and happiness that abounds here now?

My business is very tiny and I enjoy what I do, but sometimes I wonder whether it's worth all the hassle. Now I need a blast of Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man which I understand was written to celebrate tax filing day in the USA - would do just as well for me here in UK!

It's a bit of a warm chilly day here - odd but there you are. Probably warmer out than in. Kizzy is asleep in her Kizzy nest; Pip is dozing on a chair here in the study and Harley is stretched out on our bed asleep too. He has been particularly affectionate today and has also played with a ping pong ball. I had this horrible thought that he was planning to be a cuckoo, but of course cats don't think like that. We had a good chat together to The Great Cat this morning and he's been good as gold since.

Sausages for supper! Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #6

Hi all. Gorgeous here today, 30 C (80 F), not a cloud in the sly and once again a nice breeze. The news this morning said our June and July were the hottest on record!! A nice change from last Summer's way below normal; guess it averages out over time.

Am still off schedule so no library, just a shop at Whole Foods for tomorrow's dinner and got vermouth at the liquor store. Leia wanted to spend the night on the porch last evening; I had a terrible time trying to get her inside at bed time ... talk about herding cats!

Angie, congrats at finishing the horrible tax return... never heard that about Copeland, how interesting! Shelley, hope you enjoy the meet, and glad you are getting to John Lewis, CM. Yola, had to laugh about the washing! Have a good time at the play, PP.

Take care, all, have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #7

Eileen - I'd heard about the income tax bit on a classical radio channel, but I doubted myself just now - but it seems to have been at least partly true!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanfare_for_the_Common_Man

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #8

I just don't know what to do with all the veg!

Tomatos
Broad beans
Dwarf beans
Runner beans
Cauliflowers (only 2 diddy ones)
Sweetcorn
Courgettes by the bucket load
Fennel
Raspberries
Strawberries
Rhubarb
Blackberries
Cucumber . . . .

We're off on holiday in a week's time . . . yikes! We'll be eating veggie dinners non-stop for the coming week

Good news about the income tax Angie - we have an accountant to do ours . . . very useful when it comes to knowing what to 'off-set' against what

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #9

Atleast you will all be "regular" Yola

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #10

We've been tucking in to potatoes and runner beans. But I am disappointed with the asparagus peas and won't bother with them again. They are pretty little plants with red flowers, but we had our first picking this evening and tbh they didn't taste of much. Did them like you're supposed to, steamed with a bit of butter and had them separately.

Eileen - did you say someone on OFF has grown them this year? Any feedback from them yet? (sorry, too lazy, and full, to search on OFF atm!)

Yola - your allotment is very productive, you have had such success with it. I think we are due to see more photos if you can manage before your hols!!

And yes, I have an accountant too, but I have to get all the figures together for them to do the return. Money for old rope IMO - whether they save me as much as I pay them I seriously doubt.