Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #1

Overcast Monday

It's an odd sort of a day here - overcast, gloomy and sort of a brown sky. Next door had a bonfire last night, so everything smelt horrid this morning and we couldn't open the windows, but a breeze has got up since and cleared the smoke. It's hot though and sticky - need a good storm to clear the air, but they keep missing us.

Kizzy and Pip are both sleepy today. Kizzy gave me a bit of a scare as she didn't come in for her cuddle this morning and didn't turn up until quite late - she seemed skittish and nervous as if something had spooked her. Anyway, she climbed up to her nest and has been asleep since. I gave her Liz's knitted mousie to cuddle to calm her. Pip is on my office chair asleep, so I've moved him to the side of my desk and I'm sitting on the hard old chair, with a cushion!!!

Now - techy problem here. I have an MP3 player but I am scared to download music and just need some guidance - can anyone help????? I know a couple of things I'd like to get me started .................

Hope everyone is feeling good and full of beans and bus tickets today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #2

Re: Overcast Monday

Hi Angie,
miserable wet day here. I know what you mean about being worried if the Cats don't appear first thing, i'm glad everything was ok. As soon as i get up Tom and Jerry are clamouring for food. Sometimes i think give me a break but actualy it's reassuring that everything is well.
Took Malaika in the park first thing this morning in very wetting rain, she was very un Basenji like and enjoyed retrieving sticks from the stream.
Done some ironing with my new iron (mum gave it to me last week, she's decided not to do ironing anymore )
Now just watching Dickinsons real deal before picking My son up from the centre.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #3

You Mum is doing some "Good Thinking" - I gave up ironing years ago!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #4

Hi, Angie, Shelley! I've posted my tale of woe about yesterday so will just do the daily weather report: 25 C (77 F) and no humidity. Be careful wishing for storms to clear the air, you may get more than you expected.

Glad Kizzy is OK, wonder what spooked her? I no longer do ironing either!! If it needs ironing I don't buy it. Surprised Malaika went out in the rain .......

Have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #5

Yes Eileen i get surprised at the way she doesn't seem to bother if it starts raining when we are out, i guess she's in play mode, but try getting her off the settee to go in the garden and you're onto a loser.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #6

Hi all - dull and drizzley today. Not much happening tonight.

angieh - I use windows media player, load my cd tracks and save them as 'mp3' files. It is then easy to upload (sync) to any mp3.

Have to admit now I have an ipod I use itunes and don't need to think about it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
26-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #7

Hi, all. 82 degrees and not too much planned except maybe a trip to the library (more books to pick up ).
Solomon has taken to sleeping in the hammock in the ferret cage; of course everytme I get the camera he's out of it again