Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #1

Wash out Wednesday

It's sunny at the moment but we've had flash floods. Driving was trecherous last night , i was taking Chris to swimming lessons and we had to keep changing directions as we found roads closed. We got there late only to find he hadn't brought his swimming gear
Last week at work, my contract ends on Friday, i will be sad to leave the child i support. Found out i had a successful interview on Monday and start my new job in Sept.
Sorry Quizzers i can't make the quiz tonight, it's our anniversary and we are going out for a meal.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #2

Re: Wash out Wednesday

Afternoon Shelley - sorry to hear you've got floods in your area. It's another dry bright day here on the south coast.

Glad your interview was successful - I know you are in two minds about it, but at least you'll have something for the new term.

Happy Anniversary - hope you enjoy your meal out tonight.

I've been to the gym this morning and told the physios about my trip up to see the horse's head sculpture on The Trundle at Goodwood a fortnight ago. They were so pleased for me - and it's all down to the pulmonary rehab course I did last summer.

Waiting for the grocery delivery just now - it's nearly 30 mins late and I've had to phone the customer services helpline. Just had a call back - seems the driver is stuck in a ditch!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #3

Angie, i'm glad the physios were pleased with you, just shows it's worth doing the rehab.
Hope your groceries arrive soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
21-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #4

Happy Anniversary Shelley! Sorry to hear about your awful weather, I know the NW is short of water but there's no need for it all to arrive at once!

Good to hear your physios are so pleased with you Angie

Today was doggie bath day, not sure which of us got wetter Bless him, he does enjoy his bath so much he wants to share He's off for his 2 monthly trim tomorrow and I like him clean, shiny and smelling nice, it's important to create a good impression as the groomer has a very pretty black cocker girl called Milly

I thought OH was going out this afternoon to try to get some shots of the display planes from the airshow, he's not actually going in (I'm not sure when the public days are) but the hill near the woods is a good vantage point. He's still here though, perhaps he's changed his mind!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #5

Good afternoon ladies It's a better day here today, just the odd shower. I cracked on with the ironing this morning when Ceri and Tom went for a walk with my dad along the river bank and the playing fields.

Good news from the physio Angie and congrats on the anniversary Shelley, enjoy your meal out. Don't envy you doggie bath day Mrs H, I remember mine well, the whole house got a soaking, and funnily enough I miss that clean wet dog smell; like burnt toast, it used to linger for ages.

Afraid I'm not going to be able to join in tonight either, my sister & I are exchanging news on Skype around then. She's off to Mexico on hols with the family soon, nice eh?
Hope she sends over some sunshine again. I have a lawn thats turned into a paddy field!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #6

Hi all. No rain here yet, cloudy, cooler (27 C (81 F) and a bit humid. LEIA GOT THE MOUSE! Her patience paid off, good girl!! No errands today, slept in, paid bills (just had to have the roofer again as the &*@#( leak was back!), pottering.

Angie, hope your groceries make it; my delivery was missed once when the truck broke down ... annoying. Shelley, happy anniversary, enjoy the dinner, and congrats on the upcoming job. Wet dog smell..... erm, no thanks! We'll miss you at the quiz, PP, hope your sister has a good trip.

Hope it's a good day for all, come to the quiz tonight those who might enjoy it; always fun.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #7

No rain at all here - warm, bright and sunny. Just had a text from my step-son to say that the allotment taps are out they better fix them sharpish otherwise my toms will flounder.

We're stacked out here at the moment, presentations, estimates, jobs flying in through the door. It's bleedin' feast or famine!

I'm going to have to finalise a powerpoint tonight once the boys are in bed, and probably do an estimate aswell - OH will be in the office for a goodly while - he's just gone to get his hair cut but will be back here in the evening. And then he has to leave home before 7 tomorrow for a 9am meeting in London

Right - off to do more stuff

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #8

Groceries arrived about 4.30 ish - very glad to see them. Squiffy was pleased to see another box of cat food unpacked!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Groceries arrived about 4.30 ish - very glad to see them. Squiffy was pleased to see another box of cat food unpacked!
Careful, he'll be helping you make out the shopping list soon