Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #1

Sit it out Saturday

Morning all.

Its cold and overcast here but the wind has dropped. Sure the sun will come back which will be nice, but changes in weather will always be my preference.
keeps life interesting.

Anyhow nothing much doing here, just chilling. And waiting for the threatening storm to break.

Swelly belly in evidence which I was told yesterday can be around for 9-12 months post op............but feeling less tired everyday.

Elaine hope you feel a bit better today.

Hope everyone has a good day. Enjoy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
17-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #2

Re: Sit it out Saturday

Morning Karen

Yup, cold and overcast here, but my eldest doesn't care as she's off to Italy with her school choir this morning Have to have her at the school by 11.30. The case is all packed (have we forgoten anything), and she's so hyped up it's unreal, glad I'm not going to be stuck on a coach with her for 28 hours lol.

Apart from that, nothing else planned this weekend. Monday morning I start gutting her bedroom!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #3

Hi Kazz, Alex! It's a better day here, sunny again but still a bit windy and not sure whether we'll get a shower or not. Still, washing is out so hopefully it will have time enough to dry. Another load in the machine.

Please make sure you are sitting down for this NEWS FLASH!!!

My OH had bought some golf shirts online - ones that need to be handwashed - he stood at the sink and washed them himself. One absolutely poured out colour! He got a round of applause but I denied him Brownie Points for buying such silly things in the first place!

Glad you are feeling less tired every day Karen - it's just amazing how anaemia can ruin your life but it's gradual and it's not until your blood count is good again that you realise how poorly you were. Well done you!

How exciting for your daughter Alex - singing in Italy! I hope she and the other choir members have a wonderful trip. I expect you're right about not wanting to be on that coach - if my school trips are anything to go by!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #4

Not happy with doggie boy today. He rolled on some dead thing in the woods yesterday and obviously ate some of it as well. He seems to have passed the bulk of whatever it was and now has a runny, sore bottom and he's feeling very very sorry for himself.

He's getting some probiotic yoghurt today to help his gut so hopefully he'll dry up soon!

Otherwise it's a normal Saturday here, a lazy day in spite of the cool, dull weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #5

Hello everyone, naughty Dog MrsH, don't they just love dead things.
Angie good for you letting your O/H wash his own shirts, i just don't do handwashing.
Kazz hope you are having a lovely chilling day and your swellybelly goes soon.
alexgirl i hope your daughter has a lovely time in Italy, lucky girl.
Good night at my friends 50th birthday, lots of Northern Soul music which i love but can't dance to , so just had to watch. Cheese and onion pie, chips and peas for supper, yummy. No wonder i couldn't dance
Off to a barbeque this evening with my youngest son, it's for all the volunteers at our local nature reserve.
Malaika was a little B..ch at training class this morning, lately she has become rather difficult and i couldn't get her to do, of course she did it for the trainer.
I feel very self concious in class though and i don't think it helps.

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #6

The more things I hear about dogs from you Catseyers, the less I want one!

Still thinking about that miniature Schnauzer though!

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
The more things I hear about dogs from you Catseyers, the less I want one!

Still thinking about that miniature Schnauzer though!
In time our dogs become exactly the kind of dogs we deserve......

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
In time our dogs become exactly the kind of dogs we deserve......
Whilst I accept that as true Kazz, there must be innate "doggie" things that one can't change, such as MrsH's Morgan rolling in dead things and Shelley's Malaika not wanting to go out in the rain............ the sort of things that are a bit like trying to stop a cat catching a mouse or a bird.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #9

Lovely day here, sunny, nice breeze, 29 C (82 F). We had another bad storm last night: no rain for months, then every day! We've almost wiped out the 5" deficit. To the bank, pharmacy and liquor store; no library run as I'm off schedule, went Tuesday.

A man who washes his own shirts! Hope the naughty dog feels better soon, MrsH. Alex, how cool for your daughter! Kazz, good that every day you're feeling better. Shelley, Malaika has a mind of her own, doesn't she? I'm happy to be strictly a cat person !!

Enjoy the remaining day...we have lost 5 minutes of evening daylight now

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Whilst I accept that as true Kazz, there must be innate "doggie" things that one can't change, such as MrsH's Morgan rolling in dead things and Shelley's Malaika not wanting to go out in the rain............ the sort of things that are a bit like trying to stop a cat catching a mouse or a bird.
Yeah you are right; Sal rolls is things and refuses to go out in the rain.....some dog things are built in.........like she will occasionaly bury a higly prized "anything" a totaly different creature to a cat.