Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-03-2021, 08:24 AM   #1

Not so hot Monday

Good morning everyone and welcome to the start of the week.Well, so much for it being 28 degrees today. it was warm but the cloud cover kept the heat right down, and it was actually very nice.i had a good day, reading and watching the Americas Cup boat races against Team NZ and Luna Rosa. We were lucky enough to win both races and exciting to watch. they were.Had chicken and veges tonight for tea, with some natural yoghurt to follow. Sorry that i didn't realise that it was Mothers day in the UK yesterday. We celebrate it in May in NZ.

Tomorrow, I'm going to see my doctor in the afternoon to have a BP check I know it's still high as i can hear my heart beating in my ears still. The cardiologist has recommended a different medication to lower my BP if it is still high, so will look into that tomorrow.

PAMELA, I'm sorry that yesterday was hard for you, but of course it would be. I am glad that you were with your dad and sister for dinner, and what a lovely gesture, laying a rose by the tree. Your mum would have been watching you.It would have been great to then catch up with your friend in person too.Golly gosh, - a one hour talk on the doorstep !!! I guess covid restrictions stopped you going inside. Let's hope they ease up soon.

SHELLEY, hope yesterday at church went well for you and that you enjoyed your special take away meal last night That antique doll of yours will be fun to dress up again in her original clothes. I bet they came up well after their wash and bleach. I hope you're not going to sell her, because she sounds so precious. Do you know who originally owned her ?

KAZZ, sounds as if you had a yummy roast beef dinner yesterday.You must be a pretty good cook. It's good that you're giving your time to work at the covid centre, and it must be very rewarding. Genghis Khan does have a certain fascination, doesn't he ? I wonder if he was as bad a character as he is made out to be ? The world was a vastly different place when Mr Khan was roaming about, that's for sure. I'm glad you're enjoying the book.

YOLA, hope all is well with you and your family.

Well everyone, I'm off to do the cats suppers, while they are outside with Janna.They'll all come running inside when they hear the bag of Temptations being shaken.

Have a great Monday everyone, and for those who are back at their work place today, ENJOY !!!.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-03-2021, 08:53 AM   #2

Re: Not so hot Monday

Morning,
Work today, I have 3 possible zoom sessions planned so hopefully will be busy.
Dinky, hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and they get your BP sorted.
No I won't be selling the doll, she's a keeper and dates from 1890, don't know any of her providence.
Pamela sorry you had a difficult day, it is hard.
My ex MIL passed away last week and my eldest is struggling a bit, my other son and myself looked through our photos and have found some to send him.
Good that you got to see your dad, sister and friend.
Kazz, your reading room sounds great.
What do you do at the covid centre?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-03-2021, 11:30 AM   #3

Re: Not so hot Monday

Good morning all. I hope the doctor's visit brings some relief Dinky.

It was my birthday as well as being mother's day this weekend. And I can say, hand on heart, that I have never had a more miserable weekend. I got a cursory whatsapp birthday message from younger son as OH was taking him to school on Saturday - obviously prompted by his father; nothing from the older one. Nothing for mothers day. There was a card and a small gift left in the kitchen but nobody actually came and gave it to me and wished me happy birthday.

My husband bought me a pair of stud earrings. As I know he's not a natural present buyer, I had mentioned several times that I needed hoop earrings as I had lost one when it got caught while I was taking my mask off (I wear the same earrings all the time, 1 x stud and 1 x hoop per ear). I don't need studs. I have the ones I like. What's more, he couldn't even be bothered to wrap it. He just handed me the brown cardboard box it arrived in via the post.

Sorry for the moan, I don't want to come across as ungrateful but I'm feeling completely worthless at the moment. I try to make everyone's birthdays special, I try to find meaningful gifts or experiences which they would like and I don't think it's too much to ask for a bit of thoughtfulness in return.