Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
09-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #1

Tim & Amber - OUTSIDE!!!!!

Well in the cat run - first through the flap was Amber - no hesitation. Tim was more cautious, he peeped through first, then happily went through. Both were amazed but cautious. Amber took flying leap & landed 3/4 way up the wire, climbed higher, then jumped down thankfully but i guessed she'd do that. My sister in law came up & went out to have a look & said Amber was digging furiously in one corner. Tim on the other hand is quite happy experimenting going in & out the cat flap! They played for a while, stalked & pounced on flies & then Amber went back to devising another means of escape!

I got them back in after about 1 1/2 hours. They were out from 7pm - 8.30pm.
Used cat treats to entice them through the cat flap. I dont think that ruse will work a second time
with Amber! They will be out longer tomorrow during the day

Im aware Amber may break out, shes very determined & no doubt Tim will follow. In that event i will leave the cat run door open - they know where the cat flap is. I really hope not - so fingers crossed!
Some photos taken mostly through the cat flap

First tentative looks around - put the food bin in the run to act as "hideout" should they want it

Tim investigating

Tim looking up at Rick on top of the shed next door

Amber lOoking for a way out - !!

Harvey wondering what on earth is going on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
09-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #2

Re: Tim & Amber - OUTSIDE!!!!!

oh it looks great! i bet they had fun exploring it today. is it a bit deep into the ground aswell incase amber decides to dig more?

Catsey Veteran

09-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynz85
oh it looks great! i bet they had fun exploring it today. is it a bit deep into the ground aswell incase amber decides to dig more?
Yes they "buried" the wire but i wouldnt say anything is 100% Amber proof. We have often said we can well understand how she became a stray, you could never ever distract Amber from what she wants & even if you do succeed, she will go back to it time & again. Shes a very independent little cat & only gives affection on her terms. Tim is so laid back & purrs his way through life
Sure we love them for the individual little personalities that they are

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-04-2011, 02:09 AM   #4

That's a great run! I do hope Ms, Amber isn't going to do a jailbreak, do you really think she can dig deep enough to get under the wire?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-04-2011, 06:26 AM   #5

Wow! What a fun cat run!

I do hope that Amber isn't able to dig underneath the wire though...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #6

What fun those two will have ............ so long as they haven't formed an escape committee yet!

Catsey Veteran

09-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
That's a great run! I do hope Ms, Amber isn't going to do a jailbreak, do you really think she can dig deep enough to get under the wire?
I hope not Eileen. My sister in law said she was digging a lot last night in one corner, i said nothing but wondered & when i sat out today sure enough Amber went to the corner - used her "potty" area & furiously scraped earth over it! Having said they they both came in to use the litter tray for "the big job" - lol

Tim climbed the height of it today

Just hoping they will content themselves until July when we know whether or not Tim can be vaccinated or not.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
09-04-2011, 11:59 PM   #8

Looks like they have given it the thumbs up!!!