Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #11

Re: New pic of Onyx

She is as gorgous as ever Eileen xxx
She has certainly taken a shine to you these days, patience has paid off.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-06-2007, 09:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
She is exactly the same as Leo DM, he is going rusty too I put it down to him getting old, maybe as you say its due to the sun, although Leo goes out very seldom...
Carolyn and I have no idea how old she is...she appeared in the neighborhood in the early Autumn of '05. I've noticed that she's missing a lower right fang, but don't know if that's age or just poor dental care...? I think she may be around six or seven, but it's just a guess. And she doesn't spend much time in the sun either; as I've mentioned she likes to stay in the shrubbery or under the porch a lot...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #13

Just to add my tuppenceworth on the rusty thing........
When Bernie arrived he was extremely rusty but that was down to malnutrition. I am not suggesting that Onyx is malnourished as I know you feed her very well Eileen, but it did take a long time for Bernies coat to turn black.
He still has a rusty look when the sunshine hits him as does Eva and they cannt possibly be malnourished. I think its just a quirk of many black cats to be honest.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #14

Interesting point! I seem to remember reading somewhere over the years that breeders didn't want their black show cats to get too much sunshine as it would give the coats a rusty tinge...will have to Google this tonight after dinner when it's the wee hours there and no one to chat to!