Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
29-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #91

Re: Amputation of hind leg :(

I'm happy to hear everything is ok. Fingers crossed that the cancer has been fully removed.
Xxx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
02-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #92

Hi Abby,

Only just caught and read this thread. I am so pleased you gave George this chance, so pleased he is coping so well. He is a beautiful fella and very lucky to have such a devoted friend as you. Enjoy each day spoiling him and keep us informed of his progress. Now relax and enjoy Easter! Jan x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: George - Black DSH w/ red & brown
02-04-2010, 09:07 PM   #93

Hello!!!

Just to give you all a quick update before I jet off in the morning George is doing fantastically well. We are now letting him out and he is loving it!!
Hes 'freaked out' over the past 2 days when he wakes up (not every time though)...its like he forgets he doesnt have 3 legs and starts throwing himself around so I just pick him up, calm him down, put him back down and kinda give his bum a push and then I think he thinks "oh yeah, I forgot, I only have 3 legs" lol bless him...and he walks on fine.
Ive upped his painkillers too as the vet said to incase he has put weight on then his painkillers need to go slightly up.

So yeah, Im leaving the country pretty happy with Georges progress

Still no sign of the results from his toe but Im sure they will be in touch soon.

Take care all n Ill keep you updated!!

Catsey Junior

02-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #94

Oh hello Jan, thank you for following!
As you can see I have posted his update above as I havent posted one for a couple of days!
I hope you enjoy easter too!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #95

Hi Abby thanks for the update on George. I am so glad he's doing well. Hope your flight goes well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #96

Thanks for the update abby Glad he's doing so well. and I hope you enjoy your travels.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #97

Thanks for the update, do keep in touch; have a good flight.

Catsey Junior

02-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #98

Well hello everyone! Again!

Im not sure if youre all still interested but Ive been back from my travels for a few weeks now and thought Id update you on George!

The results on his leg came back and they actually found nothing in it! Which does suggest that the vet took his leg through no reason however, he is a happy chappy and bounces around on his 3 legs better than on 4
I know it might sound like Ive taken it lightly but trust me I was distraught and angry that George had his leg taken for the 'possibility' of nothing.

Anyways!! Since Ive got back hes had a few ups and downs, 1 was he jumped off our back garden wall and landed funny and hurt his back a little, but after a few painkillers he was on the road to recovery!

Although, we do have another on-going issue with george, which is the same one we had before his problem with his toe and his leg which is Eosinophilic granuloma - to us Rodent Ulcer. But hes on steroids at the moment, this is because he had a very bad reaction on the back of his good leg, this is because he licked the area to an ulceration. All is good now though...eating like a pig and is very very content. Ive never seen him so happy

Hope you are all well, including pets!!

Best Wishes, Abby

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #99

Hi, Abby, nice to hear from you and the update on George. It's sort of shocking that it was an unnecessary amputation, but if it had been cancer and you didn't have it done he probably wouldn't be here now and had a painful death. Hindsight's aways 20 - 20, isn't it? Glad to hear he's coped well. Off to read your other thread now .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #100

I'm glad to read George is doing well, long may it continue.