Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #1

A few Spring(ish) pics.

Well Mags started it thats my excuse.... not that I need one and I luv Mags.
These were taken about an hour or so ago. So as you can see I waited for the semi gloom....

Some earlish tulips or maybe I just think that because the daffs are late.

A close up of the daffs, before they go over. The heavy rain did not help them
but they are surviving.

The new raised planter in situ it has to be its loaded with broken pottery for drainage.........and yes the statue is a SBT....called Con short for concrete...

A closer shot of the planter it needs to come into its own....looking a bit ...not sure what but it will look better as the Spring moves onto to early Summer. (I hope it does anyhow)

Hope this is not to boring the garden is a disaster but hey I am trying to get there... given a lifetime or two.
The peiris behind the planter should be in flower soon it always brightens the garden. It is normaly there for Grand National day but the weather has delayed everything this year but means we enjoy it more.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #2

Re: A few Spring(ish) pics.

Lovely Kazz! I always look forward to your garden pics as everything is always so neat and tidy

Your white tulips are beautiful .... for some reason I have never thought of growing white ones but after seeing yours I will put that to right next year

Love the raised planter as it would be very useful during backache days

You've done very well considering your ups and downs lately and still managed to put on a good show ....well done!

Catsey Veteran

09-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #3

Yes the backache days to come were the inspiration behind the planter but now I wonder why I never did it before....every cloud has a sliver linning....

The whit tulips don't know if you can see clearly but they have a yellow almost lime green stipe on them....very very fresh looking....I would reccomend them can't recall the name just look on the packets...waiting to see if my black ones come up....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #4

Great pictures Kazz - and proof as if we needed it that you have actually been working your socks off. I understand your need to get it all ship shape before your op and recoup, but I think you know you did too much a couple of days ago.

Love the white tulips - yes, they are early aren't they? My tulips are all in leaf and bud, but nothing showing yet. I do hope they come out as pretty. Some of my daffs are beginning to go over, but some Narcissus are looking lovely atm and my newly planted daffs are not out yet, so I am also looking forward to seeing them in flower. It's exciting, but a bit nerve wracking when you grow a new variety for the first time.

Your raised planter looks lovely too. I have seen some nice willow planters that have a planting bag inside and you can fold the whole thing up during the winter - not sure how long they'd last, but I think they look good. I'm thinking about one of those for my herbs.

Have I missed photos of your fibreclay pots????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #5

Lovely as always Karen Love the planter so much, really need OH to sort out my raised beds for my veggies but I dont think they'll be happening this year lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #6

Lovely to see some spring colour...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
09-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #7

Great pictures Kazz. I love to see the daffs & tulips, I think the daffs are a lot later this year, not surprisingly though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #8

Your garden is always so lovely and so organized! I do like that big planter. Both my daffodils and tulips are over thanks to the recent very warm spell; am looking forward now to the iris which are budding, and the early roses. Thanks for sharing those; brightens the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
10-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #9

You put me to shame.. I am healthy and yet my garden looks like a dump... you have been ill and yet your garden is still beautiful.

I am just plain lazy!

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
You put me to shame.. I am healthy and yet my garden looks like a dump... you have been ill and yet your garden is still beautiful.

I am just plain lazy!
I bet you have a beautiful house mine is a tip ........I only let people visit if they can stay in the garden.

And gardening is my hobby and not a chore, I do my sisters and my neighbours I enjoy it therefore do it.