Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #1

A cunning plan....

Well I have a cunning plan. As som of you may know I am due in hospital 21st April for a complete hysterectomy, and they are having a bit of my liver too (date to be decided) as it has a bit of cancer in it.... so back to serious stuff I cannot lift anything heavier than a cup of coffee for a fortnight then nothing over 1kg for the next two weeks...Argghhh.... Well this will impact timewise on my gardening.......so I have come up with a cunning plan.

I will slowly start to line then put compost in my hanging baskets before I go in hospital and get the plants sourced and put near them so I can plant up....when I feel a little better, just need someone to hang them for me. No problem there.

I have also started clearing out some (okay lots) pots/tubs and refilling with new compost so now I am accumilating a garden (front and back) full of................wait for it............. yes you are right...... plant empty...compost full... pots/tubs...which will be positioned in correct place (before I go in) and therefore ready to plant up .....give me something else to do when I feel up to it.

Cannot have gardening withdrawl symptoms....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #2

Re: A cunning plan....

Brilliant plan Kazz ...... just like you to have a solution for everything

Just make sure you aren't tempted to move anything however light or heavy after

Catsey Veteran

30-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Brilliant plan Kazz ...... just like you to have a solution for everything

Just make sure you aren't tempted to move anything however light or heavy after

Thank you Mags I have 3 weeks to work out whats going in what pot.. buy it and position pot...anything heavy to plant will be planted/moved before I go in.

I can imagine myself running round like a zombie in the early hours of the 21st (due hospital 7,30am) so about 5am in the morning moving pots....and where they land they will stay this year.....I am going to be strict with myself and recover, otherwise I will be laid up for the winter garden clear up.

Global Moderator

30-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Thank you Mags I have 3 weeks to work out whats going in what pot.. buy it and position pot...anything heavy to plant will be planted/moved before I go in.

I can imagine myself running round like a zombie in the early hours of the 21st (due hospital 7,30am) so about 5am in the morning moving pots....and where they land they will stay this year.....I am going to be strict with myself and recover, otherwise I will be laid up for the winter garden clear up.
I think you are more concerned about your garden than your op!

Catsey Veteran

30-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I think you are more concerned about your garden than your op!
No I am seriously starting to fuss now never a good sign.....its because I hate relying on others, it irritates the heck out of me. I like to be in control......so I plan to have things to do when I come out of hybernation (I plan to do nothing but sleep and rest recover) for 2 weeks at least. Oh yes I do honest I will get one chance at healing without setting myself back to square one... and the consultants words if you do anything silly you will split open.....scared the bejezzsus out of me. But I needed it. If I let myself move at a gentle pace I will benefit in the long run. But I do intend to be cheerful throughout, and not mope about. Look on the bright side I can redesign the World.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #6

Wonderful plan, Kazz! You have it all laid out so cleverly; I know exactly what you mean about not being in control and having to rely on others....maddening!!! I could not lift anything heavy for several weeks after my cataract surgeries ... not even Leia!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
30-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #7

Kazz, you amaze me! I think you are more worried over your garden, you just take everything in your stride and manage to make something quite major sound like nothing at all!!! Take care xxx

Catsey Veteran

31-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #8

Sounds like a great plan Kazz. Rest up for 2 weeks and then gently ease yourself back into doing. Getting the plants/baskets ready will give you something to look foward to and aim for.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
31-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #9

Good plan. The time betwen now and the op means you can try a few options and see how you feel about them, move them all, then go back to the first plan!!

Looking forward to seeing how you decide to lay it out.

I have to add my admiration to the others - you are such a strong and positive person about this op. Hats off to you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #10

Good idea ............ maybe even a temporary topping of gravel or small stones to prevent weeds growing before you can get around to planting????

I know that you KNOW that you're not allowed to move anything, but you are going to have to keep telling yourself especially when you start to feel better.