Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #11

Re: Seeds

Really? Borlotti beans are freely available as tinned, dried and fresh - most quality supermarkets or organic box deliveries will carry them in season.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #12

Oh lucky you! Have never ever seen them fresh here, even in the very upscale gourmet markets like Whole Foods, Dean and deLuca, etc. I had hopes for our new farmers market last year, but no. I get my seeds from T & M here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
16-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #13

We have some seeds to get planted too, I filled the pots on saturday, but didn't have the heart to plany anything on sunday. I have to grow things inthe house at the mo because it is still to cold in the greenhouse- only problems is there are cats on most of my windowsills.

I've got loads of different toms, peppers, courgettes, pumpkin, squashes, aubergine, chillis to start inside. I've got the usual peas, beans, carrots, parsnips etc to start outside.

You should try the 3 sisters way of planting your maize Yola, http://www.reneesgarden.com/articles/3sisters.html.
If were ever get the poly tunnel up and organised enough to do it, I would like to give it a go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #14

Farthing, thanks. I'm liking the bean/corn growing theory . . . and if we can underplant with pumpkin and this benefits all the crops then all the better!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-03-2010, 12:08 AM   #15

That link is so interesting farthing - thanks for posting that.