Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #1

How do you like your coffee???

Following on from last night's thread .....

Fresh or instant; with or without milk; with sugar?

And if it's fresh (yummy) do you make it on the stove or in a percolator or a cafetiere??? What strength coffee do you like and do you buy Fair Trade?

I think I may try and find a photo of coffee drinking ..... and will post later if I do find one.

So, post anything to do with coffee peeps ............. perhaps which coffee shops you prefer too.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
08-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #2

Re: How do you like your coffee???

i dont drink instant.... ewwwww nasty!!
and in fact im mainly a tea drinker.... except when we are out... and then i will have coffee... and then only if its fresh... AND they have skim milk.... a strong latte for me either that or a short black
funnily enough i only started drinking coffee because the very first time i went to America i couldn't get a proper cup of tea for love nor money so i started drinking coffee.... and a couple of years ago when i was in Brazil tried drinking coffee the way they do... very short, very black and very strong...and its actually quite good...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #3

Black only and strong. sometimes if I fancy it sweetened a bit I'll add a splash of caramel syrup but that's very rare.

I can't abide instant so will usually make a cafetiere if at home. At work we have a coffee machine with one of those insulated jugs on the go all the time.

When I go out to a coffee shop or after dinner I'll have a double espresso.

I will always (where possible) buy Illy coffee . . . just adore it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #4

My drink of choice is coffee black with sugar at home that is and always in a a china tea cup....won't drink out of mugs.

Tea (which I rarely drink) is with sugar and a splah of milk... but don't like milky tea.

Ou and about I like cappicino with the chocolate sprinkled on top.

Catsey Veteran

08-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #5

I'm afraid I grew up with disgusting instant coffee. I'll never understand why people drink it now - I expect it was the only thing available in England then which is probably why the English generally drink tea! I do have instant in my cupboard and it's really only convenience.

Fresh is so much better - a totally different drink. I like cafetiere coffee fairly strong, black no sugar. If out I do like cappuccino with the chocolate shavings. I'm amazed at what an art baristas can make out of making a delicious cup of coffee.

Still looking for that photo!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
08-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #6

hehe...def not instant..made in my coffeemaker every morning...medium blend, three shot glasses of ground for 12 cups worth. i love all the flavored creamers but they get expensive so when on a budget i will go for the powdered and then of course sweet and lo..three to a mug, lol.
tea i make incredibly weak..i dip the bag only a few times quite quickly and add sugar.
fave coffee place is a mall chain called gloria jeans..i grew up drinking their blended concoctions..yum!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #7

I'm afraid i'm a peasant and drink instant, Nescafe (i love it) Not too strong, quite a bit of milk and two sugars. Can't face it first thing in the morning but enjoy it mid morning if not at work.
If i'm at a cafe etc i will choose Latte. Oh and i like coffee cream chocolates.

Catsey Veteran

08-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #8

Sorry Shelley - I didn't mean to be so rude about instant coffee. We are all entitled to our opinions and tastes. Beg pardon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #9

I gave it up years ago. First our company perk of free coffee was discontinued, then my Dad who loved his coffee died, and it was just too much bother to make as I really preferred tea. Would occasionally have a cup after dinner when eating out, but it kept me awake, so simply stopped. When I drank it it was real, not instant, and in a percolator; black with sugar. Tea is preferably green, loose leaf, and plain. I don't like tea bags.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #10

At home we normally drink our coffee from a Nespresso machine, I swear this is the best tasting coffee I have ever had, everybody who has tried it goes out and buys a machine (you can only buy the coffee direct from Nespresso)

Normally have it with milk and sometimes with a sweetener. If I am low carbing I will have it with cream.