Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #1

Basil mayonnaise

I read CMs recipe and others on the net, and found a slight problem: it requires a blender, which I don't have. So, it occurred to me that you could simply add some pesto to the mayonnaise in the same ratio, and get an almost identical result, with less work. I always have pesto on hand (actually having linguini with pesto tonight) so thought I'd just post this idea in case anyone was interested.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
02-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #2

Re: Basil mayonnaise

Thanks for posting this I was thinking of having a go at making it. I also don't have a blender.

Catsey Veteran

02-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #3

It makes sense to me. After all, good Genoa pesto has olive oil and garlic, the only ingredient that isn't in the blender recipe is the pine nuts.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #4

I love just pasta and pesto ..... unfortunately OH doesn't.

Catsey Veteran

02-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #5

So fix two meals? I did that all the time when my Dad wanted something I didn't like, like liver and onions, ugh!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #6

Now that's a thought .... he's always on about wanting stuffed hearts! YUK!!

Mind you, I've always avoided making more than one sort of meal .... my dad used to tell me about his poor mother .... he was one of 11 children and none of them liked the same things .... In fact it went as far that one wouldn't sit up at the table if another was eating something they didn't like. And this was in around 1920 on. Spoilt rotten and it wasn't as if they were well off or had "help".

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
02-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #7

Great idea DM - though I probably should admit that I sometimes just chop the basil very finely and add it that way.

I will try pesto as it is a fav of mine too.

Catsey Veteran

02-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Now that's a thought .... he's always on about wanting stuffed hearts! YUK!!

Mind you, I've always avoided making more than one sort of meal .... my dad used to tell me about his poor mother .... he was one of 11 children and none of them liked the same things .... In fact it went as far that one wouldn't sit up at the table if another was eating something they didn't like. And this was in around 1920 on. Spoilt rotten and it wasn't as if they were well off or had "help".
I guess I came by it naturally, my Mom often fixed different meals as Dad, my aunt who lived with us and I were rather picky eaters! No "help" here either, this was at the end of the Depression and thru the war years. Yes, we were spoiled!

Stuffed heart? Double YUK!