Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
17-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #1

Hot ,Hot, Hot Tuesday

Good morning everyone,
Tuesday evening here and it's HOT. I know I promised I wasn't going to moan about the heat this summer, but it was announced tonight on the news that the country has been having a heat wave and has been for the last 5 days ,with temperatures at 27-28 degrees. It hasn't been dropping much during the night either, which makes sleeping hard.AND my air con isn't working properly AGAIN. It goes on fine but then keeps turning itself off at the switchboard after 5 minutes. It's not the air con itself but it's the switch on the fuse box that keeps slipping back into the off position. I think I'll get some blu tac and fasten the switch into position so it can't slip down but I'll check with Elliot first as I don't want to start a fire or blow the whole switchboard.

Snoddy now looks beautiful with no matts underneath him as he went to the groomer. I'm going to send Freddie and Betsey there in a couple of weeks and get them "thinned out" a bit as they are both incredibly hairy and they're feeling the heat terribly. They've never had such thick ,woolly coats ever before. I groom them every day now and they don't have matts ,but the fur is just too thick for them to handle in the heat.
I went back to the physio this morning and was given more exercises to do. I'm having another x- ray next week again to check my back which has been a bit sore after I do these exercises.The physio has modified them a bit today, thank goodness.
Tomorrow, Janna and I are going to catch a bus and go visit a new shopping centre at Wigram Skies .There's a big supermarket there so will see if there are any good bargains, and we'll have lunch out there.
PAMELA, I bet your living room looks good now after your big change around. You'll be pleased that you finished the latest snuffle mat order.Do you like running in the rain ? I guess it would be better than running in the extreme heat and it would be really refreshing. I'm glad you always run with someone and keep yourself safe. A 4 mile run is pretty good. You must be really fit. Good for you.

SHELLEY ,good to hear that your dolls are now back in Amsterdam. At least they are safe. Is there another, more reliable courier company that the seller can use to send them to you ? My mastiff cushion also hasn't arrived but at least I know it is in New Zealand somewhere now.Good to hear that you are enjoying your buying/selling of more dolls online and your power walking. Gosh, with you and Pamela both getting out there and staying healthy, I feel very guilty at not really doing much exercise at all.

Yola, that coconut jerk chicken sounds yummy. I haven't heard of it before but will look it up online.I hope your arms/shoulders are a bit less painful now and the exercises are helping.I didn't know you had two persians. Dexter and Kiki sound beautiful. I hope they don't get too matted like my guys.

Well everyone, I hope you have a good Tuesday and are coping with the lock downs. I've just heard that it's going to rain here tomorrow, so my cats will be happier. I'm also going to get Willow's cool mat out of the garage and prepare it ,so they can lie on that all over summer. It was brilliant for Willow who really couldn't handle the heat last summer and I remember the cats also lying around the edges of it then. Don't know why I didn't think of it earlier.

Stay safe everyone.

Love to all Catsey cats, dogs and their guardians.